No announcement yet.

Obama: I Was 'Born In Kenya'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a brilliant move by the Obama campaign. Leak this to a known whackadoo website, and see what happens.

Either the fringe elements of the GOP start going ape**** again, once again pushing moderates and Independents into voting blue in November, or nothing at all happens, so no loss.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think it speaks to a certain willingness to trump up "diversity" for publicity on the part of the publisher. If the president knew of it, that speaks to his character. I haven't read a comment from his office on it.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

How could Obama not know about this? Everything else in the publisher's blurb is accurate and clearly from Obama himself. It wasn't corrected for years.

Obama wanted to be a Kenyan when it sold books and cast him as an outsider with insights into race in America. He stopped wanting that when he read the Constitution circa 2007, and the bio was pulled as he began his campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          How could Obama not know about this? Everything else in the publisher's blurb is accurate and clearly from Obama himself. It wasn't corrected for years.

Obama wanted to be a Kenyan when it sold books and cast him as an outsider with insights into race in America. He stopped wanting that when he read the Constitution circa 2007, and the bio was pulled as he began his campaign.
          They also describe Tip O'Neill as 'legendary'. He exists, ergo they exaggerate to sell books.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Plausible if cynical speculation on what Obama knew. I'd be circumspect about a firm conclusion until he comments. Of course, that day may never come if no one asks. Heaven forbid that the media check up on his record.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              They also describe Tip O'Neill as 'legendary'. He exists, ergo they exaggerate to sell books.
              I think the word you are looking for is "lie," and instead of "they," you mean "Obama."

Comment

This came out in 1991. Mark Olshaker (the one beside Obama) had produced or written exactly 3 documentaries to that date. The blurb on him sais he wrote and produced 'numerous' documentaries. True, three is a number, but I get the feeling, having read 'numerous' of the 90 blurbs, that the publisher was a publicist, making the authors look as interesting as possible through exaggeration. I've been a publicist. Wiglaf, you fell for it!
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

By "plausible if cynical" I mean "likely, I just wish it was otherwise."

Comment

Either Obama is a liar or a foreigner.
                    Can't he be both ?
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Bloke's got a birth certificate from Hawaii. They don't hand those out for free in a coupon book.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                        Bloke's got a birth certificate from Hawaii. They don't hand those out for free in a coupon book.
                        They do according to Breitbart, et al.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Team Obama is trolling.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Whats better, trolling or trawling? Trolling gets you a spirited fight with a fish on the line. Trawling gets you a bunch of lazy fish in the net.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Trolling. Trawling tends to be wasteful and destructive.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think the word you are looking for is "lie," and instead of "they," you mean "Obama."
                                Wiggy, I see you put the thread title in first person with quotes, as if Obama had actually been quoted saying he was from Kenya.

It's almost like you deliberately exaggerated to make a point. Or is "lied" the word I am looking for?
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X