No announcement yet.

Republicans really do hate gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is finally starting to recalibrate the Wiggy login, thank goodness.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Has there been a decade in the last 100 years where there hasn't been some major 'social equality' movement? Think about it. White males are finally having one.

Comment

• Yes. Every day, my life is made harder and unfair simply by virtue of being a white male. If only I had been born black, my life would be so much easier.

Comment

• You're not gay, so you do the next best thing to be a part of the movement: You feel deeply offended FOR gays.

People need to take a deep breath and realize that been ornery all the time hurts the economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            You're not gay,
            That's where you're wrong, mon ami. Galnemer is a beard; it is okay, she's aware.

Comment

• The real fun is in predicting the next big social movement.

I suspect it will be Mormon polygamists trying to ride the gay pride wave. Or possibly Indians will team up with the elderly.

Comment

• I have no problem with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                  The real fun is in predicting the next big social movement.

I suspect it will be Mormon polygamists trying to ride the gay pride wave. Or possibly Indians will team up with the elderly.
                  Potheads, hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Yes. Every day, my life is made harder and unfair simply by virtue of being a white male. If only I had been born black, my life would be so much easier.
                    You'd be a Harvard Medical School graduate if you were black.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

You wouldn't, but the point is that you can. You have the right to marry a woman; it's your choice to exercise it.
                      It's meaningless that I have the freedom/right to marry a woman. It would in no way be part of my own "pursuit of happiness."
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Oh joy! I have the freedom to marry a person I would never want to marry in the first place, because there is no mutual attraction, and no romantic love.

Comment

• I still don't understand then, how anti-miscegenation laws are discriminatory. And yes, I understand that Kuci and others are arguing that such laws were discriminatory because it refused recognition of interracial marriages that fit the traditional definition of heterosexual marriage. But I disagree with that "reasoning."

As long as blacks were free to marry other blacks, where is the discrimination? If a black person was in love with a white person, and the two wanted to marry, anti-miscegenation laws did not deny that black person the right to marry. The black person simply had to marry another black person.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                            It's meaningless that I have the freedom/right to marry a woman. It would in no way be part of my own "pursuit of happiness."
                            Observation: the "pursuit of happiness" is mentioned nowhere in the Constitution.

Comment

• So yeah, anti-miscegenation laws denied blacks and whites from entering into traditionally defined heterosexual marriage, but blacks were still free to marry other blacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                                Observation: the "pursuit of happiness" is mentioned nowhere in the Constitution.
                                I didn't say there was.

Comment

Working...
                                X