Perfect Man Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Man Survey

According to the poll by Austin Reed, the perfect man earns about $77K a year, drinks beer and drives an Audi.
    But wait, men. Before you get bent out of shape, there's even more.
    Women also want men to have stylish clothes, a good body and a clean-shaven face. In fact, in the survey of 2,000 women, they list those qualities as a "must." The hipster beards just aren't cutting it anymore.
    The perfect guy also can swim, rides a bike, and makes family his top priority.
    Anything else?
    Yep. Eighty-six percent of women polled say they want a sensitive man who calls his mom regularly and cries during movies.
    And we're not even done yet. Women also prefer men to be 6 feet tall with short, dark hair and brown eyes. Can we be any more specific? Yes, we can. He must also be a carnivore.

Here's a full list of qualities the perfect man apparently possesses:
    6 feet tall
    Toned and athletic
    Brown eyes
    Short dark hair
    Smart dress sense
    Beer drinker
    Non-smoker
    Wears smart jeans, shirt and a V-neck jumper
    Gets ready in 17 minutes
    Stylish
    Wants a family
    Earns £48,000 ($77,000) a year
    Loves shopping
    Eats meat
    Clean shaven
    Smooth chest
    Watches soaps
    Enjoys watching football
    Drives an Audi
    Educated to degree level
    Earns more than his other half
    Jokes around and has a laugh
    Sensitive when his wife/girlfriend is upset
    Says 'I love you' only when he means it
    Admits it when he looks at other women
    Has a driver's license
    Can swim
    Can ride a bike
    Can change a tire
    Calls mom regularly
    6 feet tall: well 6'2" is just as good, right?
    Toned and athletic: check
    Brown eyes: check
    Short dark hair: check

Now I just need to make $77K/yr and an Audi and I got this perfect man thing...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

wants babies, makes lots of money, should have gone at the top. the rest are fringe benefits for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
      wants babies, makes lots of money, should have gone at the top. the rest are fringe benefits for women.
      I concur.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

According to the poll by Austin Reed, the perfect man earns about $77K a year, drinks beer and drives an Audi.

Except the money bit of course. I don't earn 48k...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think I do well on that scale. I'm not 6 foot but that is a little out of my control. Why are women so obsessive about this height thing...it makes no sense. And oddly enough can't ride a bike. Long story...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh and...

Wears smart jeans, shirt and a V-neck jumper
            *yawn*
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Given that it's a poll conducted by Austin Reed, this means it's the priorities held by a narrow band of vapid and status-obsessed consumerists.

And no, closet cases- that is not true of women in general.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                I think I do well on that scale. I'm not 6 foot but that is a little out of my control. Why are women so obsessive about this height thing...it makes no sense. And oddly enough can't ride a bike. Long story...
                The world is obsessed with height. The majority of CEO's are over 6 foot, the taller US presidential candidate usually wins, etc. Romney is 6'2" and Obama is 6'1", for example.

Previous observations have shown that taller candidates have won 58 percent of U.S. presidential elections and the popular vote in 67 percent of the elections between 1789 and 2008, a phenomenon known as the "presidential height index."
                The researchers carried out two studies with 467 students from public and private colleges in the United States. They looked at leadership in two ways, from the leader's perspective and from that of the follower.

The first group was asked to do three drawings: their "ideal leader," one "typical citizen" and a leader meeting a citizen. Researchers analyzed the third drawing, comparing the height of the citizen and the leader, revealing 64 percent drew a taller leader.

In the second study, students answered questions about their own leadership potential. Those who were taller had more confidence and said they were more likely to run for public office.

"People of greater physical stature emerge as candidates and we see why," he said. "They feel they are more effective and more capable of running and more likely to put themselves forward."
                I got to say I probably am blessed to be 6'2". It's probably opened up a world of privilege for me that I am never fully aware of. In school, I was always chosen as the leader of every group project, it probably was a major reason why I was so good at sales when I worked at Wells Fargo, etc.

I can't ride a bike either. Didn't have one growing up.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 12, 2012, 06:13.

Comment

Yeah, same here pretty much.

But hey Albert, don't worry...this list is, well, bizarre. Must drive an Audi and swim...I can imagine the strange look I would get if I went up to a women and said "I drive a TT and can swim 3km in an hour" would be quite, well, interesting...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Last edited by Dauphin; September 8, 2017, 15:25. Reason: Testing
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                      Yeah, same here pretty much.

But hey Albert, don't worry...this list is, well, bizarre. Must drive an Audi and swim...I can imagine the strange look I would get if I went up to a women and said "I drive a TT and can swim 3km in an hour" would be quite, well, interesting...
                      You swim 3km an hour in your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        W. Bush: 5 11.5
                        Clinton: 6 2
                        H. W. Bush: 6 2
                        Ronald Reagan: 6 1

Comment

Sure, US presidents are tall (even Roosevelt if he hadn't been in a wheelchair). I just found the photo funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            You swim 3km an hour in your car?
                            Yeah, the problem is that sometimes I quite literally flood the engine
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

You know, to look at that, you'd never think Cameron is as tall as Obama...
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X