No announcement yet.

Finally, Some Good News for Mitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cue Oerdin coming in to claim that Rasmussen's results are tilted toward Republicans.

Romney's been making gains on Gallup's daily tracker as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Are there people who really care about this that aren't already guzzling down the Obama kool-aid?
      Please explain what the Obama kool-aid is so I can answer. Are you suggesting that Obama is like a cult leader? Has anyone professed a willingness to die for Obama or have people simply displayed support for or approval of him, in the manner that any political figure would be supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
        Giving Hippies haircuts

Beating poor little black girls to gain acceptance with the cool crowd
        At least Obama could remember being a bully.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          tldr

MrFun could've started a better thread than this.
          He wouldn't have gotten as many responses.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Once in your life?

How is that possible? I've gotten into dozens of fights in my life, including several as an adult trying to defend myself.

What charmed life do people live?
            I've never once thrown a punch in my entire life.

Maybe you need to reexamine the way you live yours, Al.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              I've never once thrown a punch in my entire life.

Maybe you need to reexamine the way you live yours, Al.
              I just don't believe this. That means you were never bullied or attacked by anyone. Never jumped. Never had to defend yourself.

I mean I know that you'll never find a white kid from the hood who never had to fight but come off it. Even in Whitebreadville, there's bullies you had to have had to fight.

You must have lived a charmed life.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I just don't believe this. That means you were never bullied or attacked by anyone. Never jumped.

You must have lived a charmed life.
                No, it means I never put myself in a situation where I had to fight/walked away from such situations.

It means I make better ****ing choices with my life.

Comment

No, it means I never put myself in a situation where I had to fight/walked away from such situations.

It means I make better ****ing choices with my life.
                  I'm talking growing up. How the **** did you get away when you were growing up? You just took the punches? Let yourself get beat up?

I can't fathom that any guy grows up in America and never had to fight. Were you home-schooled?
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

YOU WALK THE **** AWAY.

Comment

YOU WALK THE **** AWAY.
                      How do you walk away when they grab you and beat you in the face? How do you walk away when they jump you?

Comment

Once, in sixth grade, a kid tried to kick me in the gut for no reason.

I caught his foot before it got to me and flipped him onto his ass. Then I walked the **** away.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I am actually bothered by his 'I don't remember'. How could you forgot pinning someone down and cutting their hair. If it was that common an occurrence, there's a problem.
                          I would be more likely to accept "back then it was no big deal to harass gay kids"
                          I'm on the same page.

The guy's a religious whackjob republican, of course he's assaulted a gay or two. Which ones haven't?

The fact that he will either lie about it or honestly not remember it is what makes him come off even worse.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm talking growing up. How the **** did you get away when you were growing up? You just took the punches? Let yourself get beat up?

I can't fathom that any guy grows up in America and never had to fight. Were you home-schooled?
                            I grew up in America and never had a fight. You really need to get out of your little bubble.

Comment

Al, what the **** is wrong with you?

I've been in precisely one fight my entire life, at 17. I decked one of my ex-friends at the time because he was trying to out me to the school, and I was purely enraged. It wasn't a fight, actually. I swung and hit, he spun away, slipped on the ice and faceplanted -- chipping a tooth. I remember that vividly, and I don't know how I could ever forget. Romney is a liar or a heartless ********er. He's probably the kind of guy who likes firing people, amiright?
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Once, in sixth grade, a kid tried to kick me in the gut for no reason.

I caught his foot before it got to me and flipped him onto his ass. Then I walked the **** away.
                                That's it?

I think my first fight was in first grade when my best friend wanted to play basketball at recess and I didn't want to. He attacked me trying to force me to play and I fought him back.

I remember some kid from my little sister's class was annoying the hell out of me and a friend on our way back home and on my friend's impetus, we chased him and took off his shoes or something silly but got scared the next day when his father asked us questions.

I never liked fighting and it resulted in me getting picked on occasionally in 7th and 8th grade. They brainwashed you that getting suspended for fighting would ruin your chances of going to a good high school so I did nothing when a Russian kid took my football and beamed it on the roof just to **** with me or when this kid kept harassing me in the cafeteria calling me Saddam Hussein and threw an orange at my head. I got up and got in his face but was scared I would not be able to get into a magnet high school if I swung on him. I ended up walking away and looking like a *****. When I was 14, I posted on Apolyton about skaters who threw rocks at me.

At some point, I said **** this I'm defending myself.

I won't lie. I did develop a taste for fighting. Getting away was no longer my first instinct. My first instinct was to bash my fist into the ****er's head. I was suspended often in high school (maybe 5 times) and they threatened to expel me but I was a top student so I don't think that was going to happen.

I wouldn't win fights. I walked away bloodied often. But it gave me confidence. An upperclassman was grabbing a girl's ass and she wasn't liking it... I got in his face. He harassed me for a week and I restrained myself until walking in the hallway, he smacked my basketball out of my hand. I kept punching and punching but he threw me against a locker and gave me a concussion.

I don't regret defending the girl, though, and then defending myself from the *******.

As an adult, I've been jumped. I've been attacked by co-workers on 3 occasions. I had a difficult subordinate who I told to clock out and go home. He refused and I told him calmly that I'd clock him out but that he can't stay here. He started punching me. Before that, a co-worker showed up to the McDonalds I worked at, demanding I step outside. Outside, he had a friend and his brother banging on the glass looking ready to kill me, but I stayed behind the counter.

Life is violent. I just don't see how my life is not typical. What charmed life do people live? You fight to survive. You have to growing up white in the ghetto.

Comment

Working...
                                X