A Thread of Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thread of Dreams

I am simply fascinated by dreams. I meant to post this over a week ago but forgot to.

I recently had a dream in which Jon Miller mailed me a package that simply contained half of a sugar doughnut. Then I saw him moments later and he gave me half a sugar doughnut hole.

I usually remember at least / around 5 dreams a night, but the past week I haven't been able to recall many.

Does anyone have any interesting dreams lately that they'd like to share?

Half a sugar donut? This must be to do with your mother.

No dreams that are recent spring to mind. Once had a dream about going to the bathroom. I woke up & went to the bathroom. Really mystical stuff.
    Last edited by Zevico; May 10, 2012, 03:14.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I have dreams where I have a girlfriend. They are very nice dreams that make me happy until I wake up. Then I get sad.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

nah seriously I pretty much just have nightmares. Often they have something to do with some video game. Like last night, I was trying to survive in some post-apocalyptic wasteland cause I had been playing Fallout.

I also get a lot of zombie apocalypse dreams but I don't really play zombie games.

One strange one was where the zombies were coming for us and I was in charge of some unqualified people at some facility trying to hold them off just long enough for a scientist to develop some type of cure. There was a time machine, too. It was this clock that you had to manually set back but we could only set it back a few hours at a time. We wouldn't physically go back in time but our selves let's say 3 hours previously would remember what had happened even if we died, as long as someone made it to the clock to set it back. Kind of like reloading a video game, basically. The scientist was trying to maximize his time for research so he wanted us to hold off the zombies as long as possible then at the last minute, run to the clock and set it back. In my dream, I kept doing it and my team obviously kept getting better at holding off the zombies but it seemed like each time we were getting closer and closer to not making it to the clock to set it back. On the final try, I tried so hard to get away from the zombies. I was mere feet from the clock and knew if I could only get a hand on it, I could set it back and I and everyone else would live but the zombies were too much and took me under before I made it.

The zombies or monsters or aliens or whatever always kill me.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Zombies & monsters eh? This must be to do with your ambition to become a marine. That or your mother.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I also had an inception dream in a dream recently that was strange. I dreamed that I was being abducted by aliens. There was a bright light and I was lifted from my bed and carried mid-air through the hallway to the window and in my freaking the hell out panic I thought 'the windows have bars! I can't fit through them!' but then that apparently triggered in me that this was a dream. I suddenly woke up in my bed relieved it was a dream but I could not move and was paralyzed. I tried to scream but nothing could come out. It suddenly dawned on me that what I had just thought was a dream might not even be a dream but my experience with the aliens that had just paralyzed me. I could sense movement and light near me and was freaking the hell out. I awoke at some point.

That was a really strange dream for me because my paralyzed state felt awake (especially since I initially knew I had just came out of a dream) but I couldn't move. It was also a very 'experience'-centered dream where my mind went into a panic. Most of my dreams have stories to them and involve violence, survival, self-sacrifice, going on a journey to save women from death, and often betrayal. I have a lot of journeys where I cover significant ground in my dreams.

I never understood how people can have dreams with a singular event or something. My dreams (except for that weird paralysis one) are so involved. They're like movies or video games.
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 10, 2012, 03:38.

Comment

No anal probe?
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I suddenly woke up in my bed relieved it was a dream but I could not move and was paralyzed. I tried to scream but nothing could come out. It suddenly dawned on me that what I had just thought was a dream might not even be a dream but my experience with the aliens that had just paralyzed me. I could sense movement and light near me and was freaking the hell out. I awoke at some point.

That was a really strange dream for me because my paralyzed state felt awake (especially since I initially knew I had just came out of a dream) but I couldn't move. It was also a very 'experience'-centered dream where my mind went into a panic.
                It's very possible you were awake during this episode. It sounds a lot like sleep paralysis.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This thread is rather timely; I've been wondering about a dream-related topic recently. That is, do people actually dream their "dreams"? If your life-long dream is to become a fireman or the president or what have you, do you literally dream about that? I've never experienced anything like that, but I don't tend to think my experiences are representative of other people's.

Now on to the dreams I do have. They generally fall into (at least one) of three categories:

1) Apocalypse/pending apocalypse dreams. Aliens will be about to land. Some "enemy" will be ready to launch the nukes. That sort of thing. I usually have advance knowledge but am unable to do anything about it. Most of the time the apocalypse will be centered around my parents' house.

2) School dreams. I'll be the age I am now, but still attempting to graduate from high school. I'll generally be very close to graduation and taking make-up courses in order to finally get it done. Sometimes I'm as far back as middle school in the dreams. Sometimes I have graduated but have gone back to high school for some reason that still amounts to me being inadequate. (irl, I do have a high school diploma.)

3) Superhero dreams. I can fly, see into the future, control matter and energy - that sort of thing. Usually I have some primary bad guy I'm facing off against. Usually I have to hide my powers for some reason. These dreams can seem the most real (partly due to me having a life-long "memory" of being able to fly by flapping my arms and moving my legs as if I'm on a bike as long as no one is looking at me), whereas other times I realize these are dreams and it becomes a lucid dream.

Those are the most common themes. Other elements are sprinkled in. I actually do have dreams within dreams much of the time, and sometimes I feel as if I'm trapped in my dreams. Reoccuring dream ideas include me losing control of my car while driving, having my teeth slowly crumble to dust in my mouth, falling forever, and being chased down by monsters (that usually catch and eat me).
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I had a dream where I was the one of the last three humans left on earth (the other were a man and a woman) and we were discussing how we should go about repopulating the planet.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

I had a dream last night where I worked at a McDonalds. I kicked ass but my boss kept thinking I was being insubordinate because I kept telling him how he should do things. He was about to fire me when I woke up.

Comment

I was a private eye in a multi-layered city connected with elevators. When I got back to the ground flootlr where the lobby bar was, my customer gave me a knife to throw at the darts board to display my Australian roots. I got a girl away from the line of fire, but as I threw the knife, a group of people suddenly made a teamwork gesture and I pinned their hands to the board, nearly severing the hand of an Accenture accounting consultant. I went to call an ambulance, but the situation cracked me up. This was inappropriate, so I woke up.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Through the miracle of the internet, I recently learned that a "sugared donut" is a description of blowing cocaine up someone else's anus.

That opens up a whole new world of possibilities over what JM was doing in that dream.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I quite smoking a few years ago but smoke in my dreams frequently. I always feel disappointment that I've caved and started smoking again, but that's usually when I wake up and get a good feeling that it was only a dream and I'm still smokeless.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Last night... in one of my dreams, I had to call in for the part time job I had because my car refused to start and I got fired from the job I haven't worked in 2 years.

In my other dream, my father was yelling at me for spending too much money, but I told him my highest statement balance was $948 and I always pay the entire thing.

I get reprimanded a lot in my dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X