Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Romney Avoid Attack Ads?

Because Obama's...well...you know.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

A Mooslim?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes, but obviously the superpacs that unofficially support him would be stupid not to attack him.

Comment

Obama's not avoiding attack ads. Romney's key to victory is attacking Obama's record. Why should he avoid attack ads? Attack ads only backfire if they don't stick. If any attack can stick, it's claiming Obama has mismanaged the economy. The numbers certainly don't look good.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I don't think you can argue that he mismanaged the economy. The economy was nearly destroyed under Bush and got better under Obama. Seems fairly straightforward.

Still, it's not appropriate for there to be attack ads against Obama.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            I don't think you can argue that he mismanaged the economy. The economy was nearly destroyed under Bush and got better under Obama. Seems fairly straightforward.

Still, it's not appropriate for there to be attack ads against Obama.
            He could blame the slow recovery on Obamacare. Wait, that was was his healthcare policy. I guess he could just babble about how he made money so therefore he knows how to fix an economy.

Comment

Apparently, Romney has already taken credit for the auto-bailouts.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In his senate campaign against Ted Kennedy, Romney avoided attack ads only to get destroyed by the Kennedy attack machine. That experience has since shaped his view on campaigning. He wants to punch first, not wait and counter.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

But it could negatively affect him against Obama.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't think you can argue that he mismanaged the economy.
                    Of course you can. The economy still sucks, and that's what low-information voters will base their views of Obama's management of the economy on.

Comment

... and he could use the fact that Obama wants to divorce Michelle and marry a man!!!
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        Of course you can. The economy still sucks, and that's what low-information voters will base their views of Obama's management of the economy on.
                        Also the high-information voters.

Comment

Because Obama's...well...you know.
                          Yes, and exactly.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Obama's not avoiding attack ads. Romney's key to victory is attacking Obama's record. Why should he avoid attack ads? Attack ads only backfire if they don't stick. If any attack can stick, it's claiming Obama has mismanaged the economy. The numbers certainly don't look good.
                            Blaming the recession on Obama, is like a kid whose bedroom is a messy disaster, and when his parents walk into the room, the kid blames his parents for the messy room.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              Blaming the recession on Obama, is like a kid whose bedroom is a messy disaster, and when his parents walk into the room, the kid blames his parents for the messy room.
                              No, it's like if a building collapses, and you're hired to fix it, and after four years you've made no progress because you're a wimp who wasted your time trying to win over people who hate you and want you to fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X