No announcement yet.

West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was directed at Oerdin, not me, yes?

Comment

Yep.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Anti-black racism in West Virginia: http://vimeo.com/11030243
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My boss is from West Virginia and she hires primarily black workers.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Racism in WV, meet limited bandwidth on the Eastern Shore of MD.
            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              My boss is from West Virginia and she hires primarily black workers.
              What are you doing these days, anyway?
              1011 1100

Comment

The state isn't just white. It also skews very old and poorly educated-- the worst possible demographic mix for Obama. Of course it has turned out to be the best possible demographic for Clinton.

In exit polls a rather large number of West Virginians even admitted the reason they voted one way was because of race. Imagine how many of them were doing it but wouldn't own up to it in an exit poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  I'm impressed that you became acquainted with the majority of the state's population of 1.8 million on your weekend trips. I always knew you were a people person!
                  Does he need to visit the sun to know that it's hot?

Comment

Comment

What are you doing these days, anyway?
                      A tireless, thankless, patriotic duty. Whenever a dog knocks over a bottle of heartworm pills and eats the entire contents, whenever a cat who happens to be taking a topical flea ointment is run over by a car, whenever a seventeen year old farmhand "accidentally" stabs himself in the leg with the needle of antibiotics intended for his father's cows - I am there, eight years later, fixing typos made by my coworkers in the reports they transcribe from the pharmaceutical companies that document these adverse drug experiences. Why isn't there an American flag-waving smiley? Damn you, Cybershy, damn you.

What about you? (Besides the obvious, of course.)
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        No, he needs to examine the sun's spectra and analyze the data with Wien's law. Christ, don't you know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          A tireless, thankless, patriotic duty. Whenever a dog knocks over a bottle of heartworm pills and eats the entire contents, whenever a cat who happens to be taking a topical flea ointment is run over by a car, whenever a seventeen year old farmhand "accidentally" stabs himself in the leg with the needle of antibiotics intended for his father's cows - I am there, eight years later, fixing typos made by my coworkers in the reports they transcribe from the pharmaceutical companies that document these adverse drug experiences. Why isn't there an American flag-waving smiley? Damn you, Cybershy, damn you.

What about you? (Besides the obvious, of course.)
                          Back in the U.S. looking for work. Ideally I'd like to break into manufacturing and acquire some of the legendary "job skills" my English degree didn't give me. Did an interview with a local company Monday, waiting to hear back. Is your current job better or worse than doing tech writer work for that grim lady who interviewed me lo those many years ago?
                          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            No, since he has several decades of direct personal experience with the sun and the heat it produces. As opposed to What Everybody Knows, which is more often than not BS. At least he finally posted exit polls, which are sort of like hard data.

EDIT: Except that, on examining the exit polls he posted, the data is ambiguous; there was strong overlap between the "race was a factor" crowd and the "Obama agrees with Jeremiah Wright" crowd. Which means that race could very well have been a factor only in the "he thinks all white people are his enemies so screw him" sense, although his HuffPost source reads it to mean "they think all black people think alike." Not "he agrees with some of the crazier views of the pastor of a church he went to for years," "all black people think alike." FFS...
                            Last edited by Elok; May 9, 2012, 12:27.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Back in the U.S. looking for work. Ideally I'd like to break into manufacturing and acquire some of the legendary "job skills" my English degree didn't give me. Did an interview with a local company Monday, waiting to hear back. Is your current job better or worse than doing tech writer work for that grim lady who interviewed me lo those many years ago?
                              Manufacturing?

It's better than the tech writing in that it involves little to no stress, worse in that it's mind-numbingly boring.

Comment

How about the "Obama is killing coal" crowd?
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X