No announcement yet.

West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That said, everybody doing my job loves machinists.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      What a fasetius argument and you know it. SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: WEST VIRGINIA IS THE ONLY RACIST STATE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY? THAT MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE YOU ******* ********ER ****HEAD . ALL THE OTHER STATES ARE NOT RACIST EXCEPT WEST VIRGINIA. I am curious how you would explain this. Do you think racists all got together and decided to move to West Virginia? Where was this meeting because I missed it.

OH BUT HERE COMES THE KILL SHOT: HILLARY CLINTON ACTUALLY CAMPAIGNED IN THE STATE. OBAMA DID NOT. AND I QUOTE,

"In the Democratic race, Obama has effectively ceded West Virginia. He told a crowd Monday in Charleston – in his only visit to the state – that he expected Clinton to draw “many more” votes than he would get. "

CEDED, AS IN HE GAVE IT THE **** UP. BECAUSE HILLARY WAS NOT FOR CRIPPLING THE ****ING ENERGY INDUSTRY b:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...linton-in-2012
      Way to put words in my mouth, asshat. No, West Virginia is not the only racist state, just the most racist state. Kentucky and Arkansas are also racist and incidentally also preferred Hillary over Obama. Of course Obama didn't campaign there, why would a black man campaign in a state full of racist rednecks who cling to their guns? How stupid can you get? Does Obama really want to be the first black man to get assassinated while running for president?

Comment

I knew there was a reason I came back to this thread!

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        How about the "Obama is killing coal" crowd?
        How the felon won
        Comments (182) By CHARLES MAHTESIAN | 5/9/12 12:04 PM EDT
        AP photo

So how did a felon incarcerated in a Texas prison manage to win 41 percent of the Democratic primary vote against the president of the United States?

For starters, Keith Judd was either clever or lucky enough to have filed for the ballot in the heart of Appalachia’s anti-Obama belt.

West Virginia's county-by-county numbers tell an interesting story: Judd defeated the incumbent president in 9 counties across the state, and held him under 60 percent in 30 of West Virginia’s 55 counties.

(Also on POLITICO: 10 facts about Keith Judd)

Whatever other forces may be at work in the Appalachian opposition to Obama -- the role of race has been debated since his 2008 run -- it's clear the administration's energy policies played a big role in the president's lackluster performance.

Locally, it's referred to as "the war on coal."

Looking at the map, Judd's strongest support came from southern West Virginia’s coal country, close by the Kentucky border.

The five coal counties that voted against Obama Tuesday also voted for Hillary Clinton by landslide margins in the 2008 primary.

That cluster includes the place that might be described as the epicenter of the Obama resistance: Mingo County.

Known as “Bloody Mingo” for its storied history of labor unrest and bloodshed surrounding the coal mining industry – the acclaimed John Sayles movie “Matewan” was based on events there in 1920 – the county disliked Obama even before he was elected president.

Clinton defeated him in there 88 percent to 8 percent, one of Obama’s worst primary drubbings in the nation in 2008. This time around, Mingo delivered what is certainly the president’s worst county-level defeat in 2012 – the inmate defeated the incumbent 60 percent to 40 percent.

It's worth noting that another place with a coal mining heritage lashed out at Obama earlier this year -- Oklahoma's aptly-named Coal County, where the president actually finished in 3rd place, behind perennial candidate Jim Rogers and anti-abortion activist Randall Terry.

CLARIFICATION: Magoffin County, Kentucky -- also in Appalachia -- delivered an even worse result for Obama in 2008 than Mingo. Clinton defeated Obama there 93 percent to 5 percent. This item was updated at 2:31 PM.

I know it's painful to consider that truth might not be in the initial knee-jerk explanation, but maybe, just maybe, it could be something rational, like the destruction of a regional economy.

Comment

Wait. Did gribbler just take Wiggy seriously?

Comment

That said, everybody doing my job loves machinists.
            For the custom-parts solutions they provide, or some other reason?

I'm guessing he mistook him for somebody else.

It occurs to me that we haven't had an absurd, clumsy, derogatory generalization in this thread for something like a dozen posts. To that end, let me just say I don't ever want to be an injection-molder, since they're all repressed self-loathing homosexuals with a penchant for alcoholism. Never trust anybody who's into "injection" of any sort.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Mainly for custom parts. Which can be life-or-death when repairing old or even unusual machinery. Like custom liners that will fit a brand new $30,000 extruder screw going into a 30 year old barrel that had its old liners reamed out.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                who cling to their guns?
                How is gun ownership relevant? Are you suggesting that owning a gun makes one a less worthy human being or something? Are you bigoted against gun owners?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  How is gun ownership relevant? Are you suggesting that owning a gun makes one a less worthy human being or something? Are you bigoted against gun owners?
                  Yes, every person who has assassinated a president has had a gun. Statistically, gun owners are evil.

Comment

Are you sure about that? There's speculation that Warren Harding was murdered by his wife with poison.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Are you sure about that? There's speculation that Warren Harding was murdered by his wife with poison.
                      Point taken. Women are also evil.

Comment

Yep, twice.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Way to put words in my mouth, asshat. No, West Virginia is not the only racist state, just the most racist state. Kentucky and Arkansas are also racist and incidentally also preferred Hillary over Obama. Of course Obama didn't campaign there, why would a black man campaign in a state full of racist rednecks who cling to their guns? How stupid can you get? Does Obama really want to be the first black man to get assassinated while running for president?
                          OH ARKSANSAS GOING FOR HILLARY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH [B]BILL CLINTON[UNBOLD] , HILLARY'S HUSBAND, BEING GOVERNOR THERE FOR FIFTY YEARS BEFORE BECOMING PRESIDENT. :angrY: BILL CLINTON OF COURSE WAS A BIG SUPPORTER OF BLACK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. BUT LETS NOT LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD OLD FASHIONED APOLYTON GANG RAPE OF THE TRUTH

You are an intellectual quack and everyone knows it. Get AWAY from my windshield. Your lies strain credulity to the breaking point and then beyond, thus breaking credulity.

Can you READ:

It's worth noting that another place with a coal mining heritage lashed out at Obama earlier this year -- Oklahoma's aptly-named Coal County, where the president actually finished in 3rd place, behind perennial candidate Jim Rogers and anti-abortion activist Randall Terry.
                          Last edited by Wiglaf; May 10, 2012, 00:12. Reason: disclosure my ex girlfriend SAYS IM RACIST ever since TWO BLACK MEN TRIED TO MOW MY LAWN AND I self policed them

Comment

Last edited by Wiglaf; Today at 00:11. Reason: disclosure my ex girlfriend SAYS IM RACIST ever since TWO BLACK MEN TRIED TO MOW MY LAWN AND I self policed them

Wiggy, don't you live in DC? How the hell do you have a lawn? Do you live in Georgetown? You said that Georgetown was the douchiest place in DC
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I work in D.C. and reside in Kent. http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...Mowing-My-Lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                OH ARKSANSAS GOING FOR HILLARY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH [B]BILL CLINTON[UNBOLD] , HILLARY'S HUSBAND, BEING GOVERNOR THERE FOR FIFTY YEARS BEFORE BECOMING PRESIDENT. :angrY: BILL CLINTON OF COURSE WAS A BIG SUPPORTER OF BLACK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. BUT LETS NOT LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD OLD FASHIONED APOLYTON GANG RAPE OF THE TRUTH

You are an intellectual quack and everyone knows it. Get AWAY from my windshield. Your lies strain credulity to the breaking point and then beyond, thus breaking credulity.

Can you READ:
                                I see that no explanation is forthcoming for Kentucky or Tennessee. What are you trying to hide? Face facts, the only reason Arkansas, West Virginia and other redneck ****holes voted more heavily Republican in 2008 than 2004 is because they were uncomfortable with having a black president. Your inclination to lie and distort the truth makes me believe you must be a Republican and part of the federal government.

Comment

Working...
                                X