Gods and Kings : show of hands who is going to buy it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MxM View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why normal and small maps are no go for you? I personally prefer those, because otherwise the game become tedious (has nothing to do with turn length, just to conquer everyone or to interact with 16 civs is more than I need for optimal experience) What difference does it make if it is 16 civs instead of 6 or 8? 8 is large number enough, that even after you conquered a couple, you still have a couple of strong civs, and many less strong ones... So why large and huge maps? What do you get from those?
    I always play huge maps because I love to build a massive amount of cities and if I am at war only a relative small number of cities need to concentrate on units.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
      I always play huge maps because I love to build a massive amount of cities and if I am at war only a relative small number of cities need to concentrate on units.
      This can be adjusted by the number of civs per world. You do not have to modify the world size for that. If you have twice less civs, the average civ size can be twice larger before it contact the other civ.
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why normal and small maps are no go for you? I personally prefer those, because otherwise the game become tedious (has nothing to do with turn length, just to conquer everyone or to interact with 16 civs is more than I need for optimal experience) What difference does it make if it is 16 civs instead of 6 or 8? 8 is large number enough, that even after you conquered a couple, you still have a couple of strong civs, and many less strong ones... So why large and huge maps? What do you get from those?
        I like to play random size because each size has different challenges. However, at huge or large I usually get bored with the 2+ minutes between playing and quit.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
          I like to play random size because each size has different challenges.
          This is what I am trying to understand, though. What set of challenges is present on huge map, that can not be reproduced on large or normal maps?
          -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

fsgfrhjnyetyjyuty

Comment

This is what I am trying to understand, though. What set of challenges is present on huge map, that can not be reproduced on large or normal maps?
              A huge map gives a large amount of space to settle before meeting the AI. Then around mid game you usually have 8-10 AIs attack you at the same time. The key is to have a good defensive perimeter before that happens. This is almost the only time I will go for the Great Wall.

Mike

Comment

ht53j4y76i346

Comment

Originally posted by alixjohn123 View Post
                  ht53j4y76i346
                  Indeed!

Comment

I don't buy game from a liar bunch like these

(yes i'm still crying about the never delivered pitboss mode-and btw the game is a mess, beyond repair)

Comment

I'll buy it, but I might wait a while for it to be cheaper.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I can not see myself not bying it. Civ series is my all time favorite franchise so I am like "Shut up and take my money" even if I do not expect anything ground braking. It still should improve Civ 5.

Meanwhile "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" is growing more and more on me. I may even miss Diablo 3 lunch, untill I finish the current game in it (it can be quite long). It is like Civ meets Majesty games (also my favorite franchise), with the intensity of Civ revolution, but with variety and magic of MoM. And it is only $20!!!
                        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Meanwhile "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" is growing more and more on me.
                          I watched the gameplay video for that. Looks like Civ 5 combat with a D&D theme. Sadly the combat is my least favorite part of Civ 5... is it 1UPT? heh

Comment

Originally posted by Burticus View Post
                            I watched the gameplay video for that. Looks like Civ 5 combat with a D&D theme. Sadly the combat is my least favorite part of Civ 5... is it 1UPT? heh
                            It is more interesting in Warlock. I to do not like combat in Civ 5, and generally do not like wars in civ games - they look tedious and not very fun for me, including Civ 5. But Warlock is very different story.
                            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

This can be adjusted by the number of civs per world. You do not have to modify the world size for that. If you have twice less civs, the average civ size can be twice larger before it contact the other civ.
                              Maybe...but like I said, I love playing huge maps

Comment

After balancing the AI cheats and my dominating the land, I had recent finished a very good game of Civ 3. And I was thinking the new add on might develop some of the better aspects of Civ 4 and Civ 5 . . . I am away from the Internet from time to time, so I hope this edition is not depended upon getting online as is Civ 5 since I have had some nice games using Civ 5. Sometimes, it depends all on the maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X