Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods and Kings : show of hands who is going to buy it

June 19th. $30

I don't see it on Steam yet, I assume it will be the same price.

I am interested... but I am also wary since I paid full price for Civ V at launch and it took forever for them to patch it up to a playable level. $30 expansion pack seems a little pricey.

I'm on the fence. Who here is going to pick it up?

EDIT - What I really meant was who is going to buy it at launch, not a year later when it is $10 on Steam... sorry
    Last edited by Burticus; May 2, 2012, 10:39. Reason: I is dumb

I'm going to. I actually like Civ5, and it sounds like it has some stuff I want.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I will... eventually after all new bugs have been ironed out.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I too like Civ V conceptually. I'm hoping they ironed out the lousy programming and took their time to release G&K. I will probably buy it as soon as it is available.
        Mike

Comment

I'm going to wait. I am still so bitterly disappointed in Civ5 that I really don't think it is fixable. I loved Civ4 but Civ5 is an abomination.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, I assume I´ll buy it, finally.

But defeinitely not at the beginning,
            especially if Steam uses its standard practice of equalling 1 $ = 1 €
            (meaning I´d have to buy it for the equivalent of 40 $ ).

I assume, I´ll buy it finally, when Steam has it on sale (which, I assume, will happen at some time before the end of this year)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              Well, I assume I´ll buy it, finally.

But defeinitely not at the beginning,
              especially if Steam uses its standard practice of equalling 1 $ = 1 €
              (meaning I´d have to buy it for the equivalent of 40 $ ).

I assume, I´ll buy it finally, when Steam has it on sale (which, I assume, will happen at some time before the end of this year)
              Is Amazon the same or different in the conversion ratio? I assume it will be available for digital download from Amazon then you could in theory activate it on Steam...

Comment

Originally posted by Burticus View Post
                Is Amazon the same or different in the conversion ratio? I assume it will be available for digital download from Amazon then you could in theory activate it on Steam...
                Digital Download ... Nope ...
                but the boxed version, which is de facto around 30 €

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No doubt about it...

Comment

I have a feeling that I'll probably end up pre-ordering it, so that I have it on the day of release

I agree that Civ V is not as great as it could be, but it's still a very enjoyable game I'd say. The things I hate the most about Civ V are also present in all other Civ games
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

unlikely. Unless they make the game run at a sensible speed. 3 seconds between turns at game start is simply way to slow. I want to play, not wait...
                      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst View Post
                        unlikely. Unless they make the game run at a sensible speed. 3 seconds between turns at game start is simply way to slow. I want to play, not wait...
                        Right, it is impossible for me to play a large or huge map. It gets to be minutes between turns and that is way too slow.

Mike

Comment

I just read the Q&A interview. I like what I'm hearing, hopefully they are not blowing smoke up my hole. I'm in, pre-ordered on Amazon.

Comment

I try not to buy it, and wait for people here to review the game. But knowing me... I will going to buy it before that.. try it.. and big chance i go right back to civ IV hitting myself against the wall, finding myself stupid that I once again can't stay away from a new civ game not matter what
                            Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
                              Right, it is impossible for me to play a large or huge map. It gets to be minutes between turns and that is way too slow.

Mike
                              Just out of curiosity, why normal and small maps are no go for you? I personally prefer those, because otherwise the game become tedious (has nothing to do with turn length, just to conquer everyone or to interact with 16 civs is more than I need for optimal experience) What difference does it make if it is 16 civs instead of 6 or 8? 8 is large number enough, that even after you conquered a couple, you still have a couple of strong civs, and many less strong ones... So why large and huge maps? What do you get from those?
                              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X