Do Brits drink iced tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet tea is the only tea I'll drink; the Southerners do it right

Even then I really don't drink much/any tea.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      Sweet tea is the only tea I'll drink; the Southerners do it right

Even then I really don't drink much/any tea.
      Mightaswell put sugar in your soda...
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Mightaswell put sugar in your soda...
        That wouldn't taste anything like sweet tea. And sweet tea often has a lower sugar content than soda.

Comment

HongKong milk tea, yummy.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I never knew that what I grew up drinking was 'black' tea until I lived abroad. We just call it tea.

You need to pour boiling water onto the tea to get the best from it. Then let it cool and drink it. Dont forget to take the teabag out in good time so your tea doesnt end up stewed.

Also I think the 'warm' beer thing is a misnomer. Its not warm, its just not chilled. I hadnt had an ale in ages in NZ so I was excited to end up at a place serving speights ale. It took me a few sips to realise it tasted odd because it was chilled, thereby killing all the flavour
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Sweet Tea with a big ol' Lemon in it. Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                I never knew that what I grew up drinking was 'black' tea until I lived abroad. We just call it tea.

You need to pour boiling water onto the tea to get the best from it. Then let it cool and drink it. Dont forget to take the teabag out in good time so your tea doesnt end up stewed.

Also I think the 'warm' beer thing is a misnomer. Its not warm, its just not chilled. I hadnt had an ale in ages in NZ so I was excited to end up at a place serving speights ale. It took me a few sips to realise it tasted odd because it was chilled, thereby killing all the flavour
                Warm beer does have more flavor, but it sucks on a hot day. Give me some tasteless Ice colled Miller High life or Rolling rock over some hot guiness any day! Yuck!

Comment

I don't like tea or coffee, but my wife drinks lots of tea. Tea is black and hot here by default. Iced tea is something you buy in a soda bottle or can.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Plain black tea is good.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I've heard that they disdain the stuff on the other side of the pond.
                      Not entirely true, but then we don't yet experience the kind of sultry summers experienced in some states of the U.S. . Whittards of Chelsea sell a range of teas suitable for serving in an iced fashion:

and also recommend which proper teas are ideal for serving as iced teas.

In the summer I like Moroccan mint tea...
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

you can't get decent tea over here. well actually, it's the milk they don't have. it's all that awful UHT stuff.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

How are the UHT "milk" companies still in business? I've never met anyone that likes it.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, I consider UHT to be an absolute abomination...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                              How are the UHT "milk" companies still in business? I've never met anyone that likes it.

ACK!
                              in rio it's really the only thing you can get. i think people prefer it because it lasts longer.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

What's wrong with UHT? I buy Lithuanian milk (hello Saras) and it's great despite being UHT.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X