Stopping city spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping city spam

Why not limit the number of cities you can found based on the amount of food you generate? The more food you generate, the more cities you can support. Each city requires more food than the previous one.

Once connected to your trade network extra growth of your cities could even be centrally regulated by distributing any empire wide food surplus. This way you could specialize some cities as agricultural centers of your empire.

And as food is a resource you have to produce yourself, your strategic choices would not be limited by where some luxury goods are located.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

I don't have a problem with a country having a lot of cities.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Me neither. However, there needs to be a penalty for increasing numbers of cities. Now it is happiness but I woudl prefer it to be food...

Comment

Why does there need to be a penalty?

There's always been one, mind you. Until Civ 4, it was corruption, and I think, inefficeincy. You lost trade and production. Civ 3 was particularly nasty about that.

In Civ 4, they charged you money.

Now, it's happiness.

But why is it necessary?
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

To avoid forcing people in the more cities is always better strategy ?

Comment

Yep, I don´t want to have back the times, where ICS was the killer strategy
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

At least ICS was a strategic issue and actually needed to be limited.
              The same can't be said of road spam. So it looked crappy. WHO CARES? Change the graphic so it wouldn't look crappy. Don't charge maint on roads. Especially after going to 1up which changed all the mechanics and made having more roads be more desirable. It was stupid stuff like that, which made me go back to IV. Eventually I know I'll try V again, but from what I'm reading, eventually hasn't arrived yet.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X