No announcement yet.

Canada-Europe free trade agreement could be final in 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's so cute, coming from someone who has never done better than to post the Laffer curve in economic discussions.

The world is not a macroeconomics manual.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I guess that's good for you, as you clearly don't understand basic macroeconomics.

Seriously, how ****ing stupid must you be if NYE is schooling you in a econ debate?

Comment

"If you liberalize markets, prices will go down."

OMG I've been schooled!!!

Comment

Exactly. Don't you see how sad it is to get schooled on something so basic?

Comment

Don't you see how sad it is to get schooled on something so basic as an externality?

Comment

1. I haven't been schooled in this thread.

2. I don't think you know what "externality" means.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                The thing is that farming is highly volatile; you're better off with stable prices, even if they average higher.
                No, you aren't.

Comment

Yeah, just like you never realized that buying local actually helps, or that there was a difference between KFC and organic chicken.

Comment

If farmers need price stability they can trade futures. This is precisely the problem that speculators exist to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      No, you aren't.
                      Yes you are, you freaking morons.

You keep reading manuals and you never ask yourself what happens when small producers are driven out of the market. Replacing family farms with large exploitations doesn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                        Yes you are, you freaking morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                          If farmers need price stability they can trade futures. This is precisely the problem that speculators exist to solve.
                          I know.

1) This is not true in the developing world (admittedly we're speaking of Canada here, just pointing this out).
                          2) Futures do not guarantee profitability, supply management pretty much does.

Comment

• Let me guess: Drake has posted "you are such a ****ing **** "

He's on my ignore, I only occasionally click his posts.

Comment

• Whether it works or not is only a side issue as this governemnt rarely acts based on evidence.

"Will Harper scrap the system to get the trade deals?" is the bigger question.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                                Let me guess: Drake has posted "you are such a ****ing **** "
                                Close. The "you are such a ****ing ****" was implicit.

He's on my ignore, I only occasionally click his posts.
                                Your loss. You might not be so stupid if you actually listened to your intellectual betters.

Comment

Working...
                                X