'Poly Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Poly Spam

For the past week or so when I leave the 'Poly forum I'm getting an attack from a so-called anti-virus vendor. It starts to scan my computer and proclaims that it's finding viruses on my computer. It refuses to let me click it away, I'm forced to log off the 'net in order to shut it down. This only happens with "Poly. Anyone else having this problem?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

The only solution is to buy Poly Plus.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
      For the past week or so when I leave the 'Poly forum I'm getting an attack from a so-called anti-virus vendor. It starts to scan my computer and proclaims that it's finding viruses on my computer. It refuses to let me click it away, I'm forced to log off the 'net in order to shut it down. This only happens with "Poly. Anyone else having this problem?
      No, not at all. This makes it hard to track it down, it could be either something on your side or something here. And then I would first think of advertisement. If it is related to advertisement, then it would be a good idea to know what it is, then I could disable that particular ad.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

When this thing runs it presents a screen that looks like a generic windows screen with a sidbar on the left and various icons to show that it's "scanning" your computer's drives, then a smal information screen pops up with the so-called viruses infecting your computer and requests permission to remove them. There's no name on the screen, but there is an address in the search box at the top. The address is: firewallcleanwreck.info
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Get a real browser that prevents pop ups

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
            When this thing runs it presents a screen that looks like a generic windows screen with a sidbar on the left and various icons to show that it's "scanning" your computer's drives, then a smal information screen pops up with the so-called viruses infecting your computer and requests permission to remove them. There's no name on the screen, but there is an address in the search box at the top. The address is: firewallcleanwreck.info
            Well, that doesn't really help, I did not put popup ads onto this site. And google has nothing for firewallcleanwreck.info. So what browser are you using? And how often does this happen? Do you use cookies?

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Shows as registered to a Dionisio Lucchesi from Golasecca, Varese, Lombardy, Italy. He's signed a bunch of anti-globalisation and anti Global warming petitions.

I can PM you his phone number for **** and giggles.

You need to scan your computer for malware and see what pops up. You've downloaded some form of fake anti virus.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
              X