No announcement yet.

Poly: Conservative Stronghold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated the composite with DinoDoc's score and Reg's fixed score.

Heh, the composite is pretty close to where I am. I am Apolyton's political center.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Mine is still wrong. I'm on the authoritarian side.

Comment

Economic -3.38, Social -3.95. Whenever I take it, I turn more authoritarian and less communist.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Just after you said that democratically elected Muslim conservatives are worse than secular dictators.

Comment

Are you accusing me of being consistent?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Oh, my bad. Fixed. And fake Boris added.
              Last edited by OzzyKP; April 25, 2012, 20:31.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Oh, my bad. Fixing in a sec.
                Oh, I get it now.

Comment

Economic Left/Right: 3.00
                  Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

There's just no way Obama and Romney are that far right authoritarian.

My position probably represents your typical American moderate. Fairly right-wing with the slightest authoritarian streak.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yea, I agree. That is definitely off. The test is kind of weird though. One question asks whether you think abstract art is real art or not. Haha, what does that have to do with politics? Are you authoritarian because you don't like abstract art? Also, the very first question asks whether globalization should benefit corporations or people, that's totally a loaded question. I think people on the right and the left would agree that it should benefit people, the test should infer any policy implications from that.

But here's the new Apolyton chart:

Composite of All of Us

Comment

11. What have attitudes towards things like abstract art and homosexuality to do with politics?

On the social scale, they're immensely important. Homophobia has been highly politicised by leaders like Robert Mugabe and betrays a tendency to condemn and punish those who disregard conventional values. Hitler's pink triangles reflected similar authoritarian hostility.

Likewise, authoritarian régimes frequently attack highly imaginative and unconventional art, music and literary works as a threat to the rigid cultural conformity they uphold.

10. Your proposition on globalisation suggests that corporations and humanity can't both benefit.

This one sometimes ruffles feathers on right wings. What the proposition actually suggests is that humanity should be the priority.

Critics argue that there's no conflict of interest. Transnational corporations naturally and unfailingly serve humanity by serving themselves. In enriching business, the argument goes, globalisation will always subsequently benefit humanity. Prioritising humanity would only limit the ability of the corporations to inevitably do greater good. So advocates of this trickle down approach should simply click 'strongly disagree' We don't see the problem.

The record, however, makes clear that there have often been spectacular conflicts of interest between coporate enrichment and humantity. Halliburton, Enron and the tobacco industry's research cover-ups are perhaps the best known examples. Others are detailed at The 10 Worst Corporations of 2008 and Corpwatch.org.

On the other hand, for the comparatively few who tell us that corporations can never serve humanity, Milton Friedman argues the case for unfettered market forces.

This is clearly very scientific and objective. Obama really is practically a Nazi. Also, the test has proven that Apolyton leans right.

Comment

Oh please. That explanation sucks. Biased test.

Comment

Likewise, authoritarian régimes frequently attack highly imaginative and unconventional art, music and literary works as a threat to the rigid cultural conformity they uphold.
                          Salvador Dali says hi

So does Giacomo Balla
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 25, 2012, 21:30.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

lulz in the doldrums LULZ

Comment

Fascism had allies in Dadaism, expressionism, and futurism. By the late 1930's, however, the Nazis favored classical realism, though avant-garde art remained prevalent in Italian and Spanish fascism:

The Exhibition of the Fascist Revolution

Building that housed the exhibit. Note the architectural style. I can't link to pictures of the interior (they're in a .pdf file) but it looks pretty avant-garde.

I'm trying to find a catalogue of works shown but this is the only one that keeps coming up:

The Blackshirts by Enrico Prampolini

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -2.25
                                Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

There were some questions that were really lol.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X