Poly: Conservative Stronghold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
    And yet received backing from Krupps and I. G. Farben, amongst others. A member of the board of I. G. Farben had an influential position in the furtherance of Goering's Four Year Plan.
    They were actually trying to just use him as a populist tool to further their nationalist conservative goals, and didn't anticipate the huge success he achieved in his first year in government. There was very little real major industrialist backing for the nazis per se, they just tried to gamble on his naiveity and lost. He had much, much more support from the farmers.

None of this alters the fact that Zevico is invariably wrong of course.

Comment

Was this hitlerworld.com or something?
      Close, they had a cult around some dude name Newt Gingrich. Who I can't *stand*. Everything has been 'praise Newt' for the last year or so.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

See? His story already changed.

Comment

See? His story already changed.
          They believe that all true conservatives worship at the altar of Newt. PBUH. They actually cited posts here as 'fraternization with the enemy' and proof of my status as a troll. Scout's honor.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            They believe that all true conservatives worship at the altar of Newt. PBUH. They actually cited posts here as 'fraternization with the enemy' and proof of my status as a troll. Scout's honor.
            Could that have been the thread where you openly admitted to being a troll, shortly before getting banned from here?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              They were actually trying to just use him as a populist tool to further their nationalist conservative goals, and didn't anticipate the huge success he achieved in his first year in government. There was very little real major industrialist backing for the nazis per se, they just tried to gamble on his naiveity and lost. He had much, much more support from the farmers.

None of this alters the fact that Zevico is invariably wrong of course.
              I doubt this. Hitler was very successful with the economy. It's hard to imagine industrialists not supporting him.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Could that have been the thread where you openly admitted to being a troll, shortly before getting banned from here?
                Truth hurts, yessir. I said that it didn't matter what I posted, people would be in uproar about it. Poly doesn't care, so long as it's got my name attached to it. I stand by that even now. It's good to know that folks like you care so much about my opinion.

Actually, they cited posts that they believed indicated that I was soft on gay marriage.

Comment

Was Hitler an environmentalist? He was a vegetarian and loved his country home, but can anyone name anything Hitler ever did for the environment?
                  Oh, and when Hitler ranted about greedy industrialists the word "Jewish" was understood without having to be spoken.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    I doubt this. Hitler was very successful with the economy. It's hard to imagine industrialists not supporting him.
                    Hitler wasn't massively successful with the economy, but had some good fortune because the economy was so bad when he came to power. He was also widely regarded as a demogogue and a real danger to private property. He spent a lot of time and energy reassuring (and lying a lot) to the industrialists to try and get their support, but they were largely not nazi supporters, they just saw him as a tool they could use to overthrow democracy. They were much more supportive of Papen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      Was Hitler an environmentalist? He was a vegetarian and loved his country home, but can anyone name anything Hitler ever did for the environment?
                      The modern sense of environmentalist didn't exist, but he was very unusual at the time for being very health conscious and rabidly anti-smoking. He didn't do anything I've heard of to particularly help the environment, but he was a big fan of more traditional living.

Oh, and when Hitler ranted about greedy industrialists the word "Jewish" was understood without having to be spoken.
                      He actually did very little of this, because he needed the backing of the industrialists, particularly in the early years. His attacks on the Jews were in no way hidden behind other terminology he described them openly as parasites and talked in speeches of eradicating them from Germany. Sadly Germany (and most of Europe and the US in those years) was very anti-semetic and even amongst non-nazis his anti-Jewish rantings were popular.

Comment

He was a vegetarian and loved his country home, but can anyone name anything Hitler ever did for the environment?
                        Genocide...

Comment

He supported reuse and recycle policies.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

What's right wing? Overhere in Holland I'm right wing, but for American standards I'm most probably left-center.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                              What's right wing?
                              Clearly this

b etor, DaShi, Dauphin, Dr Strangelove, Felch, gribbler, Hauldren Collider, Jaguar, Jon Miller, Kuciwalker, PLATO, rah, regexcellent, Sir Og, The Mad Monk, Zevico, Zoetstofzoetje
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I see it's time once again for the Political Compass.

Economic Left/Right: 2.62
                                Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X