Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Greek yogurt too old to eat?

Expired March 16th

It has lumpy curds in it but it doesn't smell bad or taste bad. Is it safe?

I also have cottage cheese expired March 19th.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Eat it, what's the worst that could happen
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Mix the yogurt with the cottage cheese before eating just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        Eat it, what's the worst that could happen
        I did but it's a big 35oz jug. Can't eat it all in one sitting. I had about 1/3rd of it and feel no ill effects so far.

I'll be sure to keep Apolyton posted.

This is the cottage cheese. The expiration date on the yogurt was on the seal that I threw out so I'm not going to take a picture of that.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

By my calculations when you add the expiration of the yogurt to the expiration of the cottage cheese, you get a combined expiration of Tue, 02 Jun 2054. So you should be very safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            By my calculations when you add the expiration of the yogurt to the expiration of the cottage cheese, you get a combined expiration of Tue, 02 Jun 2054. So you should be very safe.
            That might explain why it looks pretty good. As you can see, I've polished off quite a bit:

Comment

You need to start up a pinterest account to post all these wonderful photos of your expired food to.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                You need to start up a pinterest account to post all these wonderful photos of your expired food to.
                It'll be a survival guide for our post-apocalyptic successors!

Comment

Eating some more

I figured I'd take my shirt off since Molly Bloom says I always do anyway
                  Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 19, 2012, 22:21.

Comment

Is that plain yogurt? Why does anyone eat that stuff?

Comment

It's a little chewy...
                      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; April 20, 2012, 01:51.

Comment

You lie.

Greek yogurt always tastes bad.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Greek yogurt is delicious. At least, the not-yet-expired kind...

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Eating some more

I figured I'd take my shirt off since Molly Bloom says I always do anyway
                            Bam, a good Facebook photo! Still looks vaguely homoerotic. Must be Albie in it.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

yoghurt is, like, milk gone bad right? what could possibly go wrong? Might become kefir if you give it another month.

Comment

Working...
                              X