"Birth Rape": turns out it's not actually rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Birth Rape": turns out it's not actually rape

Just stumbled across it on Facebook. Somebody on my friends list read some article, using one of those stupid social readers, with the headline "Birth Rape: Why is it happening in our hospitals?" Of course that got a giant WTF, so I searched for the term wondering whether doctors/nurses/staff somewhere were supposedly sexually assaulting infants and/or exhausted, vulnerable new mothers. Instead, I got this:

Summary: If your doctors are too pushy and/or impersonal during delivery, some fringe of the feminist movement thinks you are the victim of something remotely equivalent to rape. I just thought you'd all like to know that.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Liberals
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Meh, the one sure way a physician can get into trouble is to be verbally abusive to his patients, Every doctor knows it, it's been drilled into our heads repeatedly.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

whiners

Feminists ...but I repeat myself
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Maturity.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

forcing babies out of vaginae

Comment

"Your honor, when I went to have a colonoscopy, the doctor said that the inside of my butt smelled like poo."
              "Okay?"
              "Well that made me uncomfortable. Then the doctor stuck a camera in my butt, which also made me uncomfortable."
              "Hmm yes, I can see why you filed a rape complaint against the doctor."
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by b etor View Post
                forcing babies out of vaginae
                Baby rapists.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It is indeed a very important societal project to randomly (I mean, utterly randomly) pick out specific constructions meant to defend woman's dignity (come on now, you know what REALLY threatens this one, it's not the wrongdoers, it's the critics), ridicule them and everyone steps out a bit wiser. Al's reaction highlights how well this project is undergoing. Congrats, Elok. The question is, WHOSE project is it really?

Never act randomly if you don't quote get who you're serving. Then again, Poly IS a conservative stronghold.

Comment

Say wut? Are you saying that, by ridiculing an attempt to compare insensitive doctors to sexual predators, I'm serving some kind of shadowy fifth column interests?
                    1011 1100

Comment

He's saying that by criticizing women's rights, you are implying something similar to those criticizing affirmative action.

Kind of like being against Israel's foreign policy makes you an antisemite.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                        Poly IS a conservative stronghold.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Apolyton is a lot more conservative than it used to be, mostly because there are no commies posting. When people like Asher and Imran represent 'the Left', the center of the discussion is a bit on the right side.

Asher and Imran... sounds like a bad Jew-Muslim buddy comedy.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                            He's saying that by criticizing women's rights, you are implying something similar to those criticizing affirmative action.
                            Who's criticizing women's rights? I'm criticizing an idiotic misnomer that has the potential to trivialize sexual assault.
                            1011 1100

Comment

He's saying.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X