No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Z had gotten a concussion from that, which could have easily happened, Detroit certainly would have suffered a loss of competitive balance.

It seems awfully dumb. It's giving free licence to thuggery--if you actually seriously injure the guy, we'll suspend you, but if he's okay, you're off the hook.

The worst of it is that, because it was the end of the game, there are absolute no consequences at all. No power play. Weber gets off with the nominal fine. Load of horse****.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Jesus Christ Phoenix - you have a home playoff game and you let Fry's give out WHITE t-shirts!?!?!
      The whole crowd looked like they were Hawks fans. If they're this stupid, no wonder they're losing the team.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yeah, even my wife commented about that. Just silly.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
          Jesus Christ Phoenix - you have a home playoff game and you let Fry's give out WHITE t-shirts!?!?!
          The whole crowd looked like they were Hawks fans. If they're this stupid, no wonder they're losing the team.

It's a club tradition.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hah. I'd no idea it was created in response to the "C of Red". Though the C of Red remains more impressive, both visually and because 99% of those people have legit jerseys and not free white t-shirts.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

BTW, Krejci getting taken out by the glass after the game was over? Priceless.

Last edited by Kontiki; April 13, 2012, 14:01.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Thanks NYE, I always learn things here. The only red I saw were Hawks jerseys.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yeah, I remember the old Winnipeg white-outs from the playoffs. It was very impressive.

Comment

I was wondering about the white t-shirts when I turned on the game. I actually expected a larger Chicago fan crowd as usually happens during regular season games. Bad second period really cost Hawks and then they did same thing after coming out strong in OT, but couldn't score. But just have to take one there.

Comment

So there.

Survey says, the Toronto Maple Leafs are the country’s most hated hockey team

The Canucks as Canada’s most hated team? Think again. A new Angus Reid Public Opinion poll conducted in partnership with Maclean’s has found that Toronto—not Vancouver—is the country’s most hated hockey team. It turns out Vancouver, which has worn the “hated” label since last spring’s failed Stanley Cup run, is actually one of the country’s most popular teams. Montreal, meanwhile, is the country’s favourite club.

full story:
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The Canucks are only hated in the West, where people actually understand the sport.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

ok, I am now officially impressed with Philadelphia.

Also, does neither team believe in defence?

Comment

That's quite a powerplay Vancouver has there.

Am I wrong in remembering last year they had a lethal powerplay?

Comment

8-5?

Eight to ****ing five?!

What the **** is going on in Pennsylvania?

Comment

Working...
                                X