No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the Shea Weber hit, how is this not intent to injure?
    Totally unwarranted cheap shot. Game was over.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I knew I should have picked the Kings
      Same old Canucks. Kesler could be a really good player, but he insists on being a douche.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I'm wondering about Weber too. I was watching that live (obviously), and it looked pretty vicious at the time. Especially with the focus on head-hunting, I can't imagine he won't get hit with at least a game.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

He should be out for the series, IMO.
          I'm so sick of that kind of ****.

Plus you know the game he returns against the Wings, **** will go down.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And Weber just got a $2,500 fine.

Bull****.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No suspension, $2,500 fine. That'll learn him good.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

That's the minimum fine they can even assess.
                I don't know what set Weber off - nothing I could see.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                  That's the minimum fine they can even assess.
                  Actually, that the maximum fine they can assess under the current CBA.
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

So they can fine someone $1?

Comment

Can't believe there was no suspension. it was literal head-hunting.

Why does the NHL let guys off so easy in the playoffs? It totally sends the wrong message.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                        So they can fine someone $1?
                        Dunno. I suppose they could in theory. Though for most NHL players, and especially for someone like Weber, $2,500 might as well be $1.

Comment

I had myself convinced that Weber would be sitting a game or two for that stupid stunt. I guess all that talking the league did about "player safety" over the last year only applies during the regular season.

Comment

Sloppy game for Vancouver. Hopefully the loss will wake them up, though.

Also, it's hard to see why Weber got a meaningless fine when Bitz was (deservedly) suspended two games for his hit.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I am utterly baffled by lack of punishment for Weber.

The only thing I can think of is that Shanahan's office wants to avoid questions of favortism towards her former teammates in Detroit, but that seems a stretch.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The NHL seems to becoming increasingly like the NBA where there's one set of rules for star players and another for everyone else. My guess is that Weber wasn't suspended because his absense would very likely have a measurable impact on the series, and so the league didn't want to upset the competitive balance. Which of course is hore****, but that's where we seem to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X