NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
    It appears random selections would have done as well as most of us- I think I am 2 for 4 in the West and 0 for 2 in the East with hope to get to .500 pinned on BOs and Ott
    Wasn't that TSN's point for years when they had Maggie the Monkey pick and often outperform the "Experts". I can only recall one year in recent history where there wasn't as many upsets in the first round as "Favourites" winning. Seems the trick is in picking the "right" upsets.

I wanted to cheer on the Canadian teams in the playoffs but with only Vancouver and Ottawa making it, that was out (though to be honest, I couldn't have cheered for Montreal or Toronto either). I liked Henrik's comment that someone from the NHL must want Ottawa to win , why else would they allow the last Ottawa goal....hmm, I wonder if more people at the NHL Head offices want the New York Rangers or Ottawa Senators in the playoffs....let me think.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Luongo's waiving his no-trade clause.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I thought that was his no-save clause?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Garth Vader is the only player to have three of the completed series right so far (missing only on the b-a-n-a-n-a-s bananas PIT-PHI series), while only one player (Ben Kenobi) is 0 for 4 thus far.
            0/5 right now with the Hawks going down. I wonder if I can go 0/8, with a Senators, Caps and Panthers win.

My second round picks if I go 0/8 are Philly/Caps, Nashville (I hate Phoenix), and St. Louis. So be warned people.

You could have made a hell of a lot of money betting the exact opposite of me.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Luongo's waiving his no-trade clause.

To be fair-- he said that if asked he would waive it because ---I'm a team guy and don't want to hurt the team or put myself ahead of the team.

Ben-- will you still love Luongo if he is no longer a Canuck??
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Rightly or wrongly, I've seen that called goaltender interference many times...

Ben is now 0-6.

We are two game sevens away from perfection, gentlemen.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Ben-- will you still love Luongo if he is no longer a Canuck??
                  Honestly? I hated Luongo before he was a Canuck. He would mean zero to me if he were traded. Kesler, and Hammer on the otherhand...

I see Tim Thomas had an amazing playoffs.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• We are two game sevens away from perfection, gentlemen.
                    Perfection is 0-15. I'm a long way away. Right now I'm odds on for 4-11. Picking at random, would net you 8-7. So I am 3 or 4 games below .500. It's really, really hard to push below that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                      To be fair-- he said that if asked he would waive it because ---I'm a team guy and don't want to hurt the team or put myself ahead of the team.

Ben-- will you still love Luongo if he is no longer a Canuck??
                      The backpedaling has already begun.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Boston's out and Washington advances. Caps won in overtime in the 7th game.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Coyotes and the Predators.

Comment

• The backpedaling has already begun.
                          I'm pretty sure you can trace my ambivalence on Bobby Lou if you go that far back here. Calling me an inveterate Lou supporter is really kind of odd. He's much, much better than the man he replaced, (Cloutier), but that's not really saying all that much.

Comment

• Luongo has officially asked for a trade now.

Comment

• According to who?
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Sportsnet. https://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/sta...76673049788416
                                #SNPlayoffs #Canucks Luongo asks for trade. Van didn't even need to ask him to waive NTC. He tells them himself in exit meeting he wants out
                                BTW, tweet from one hockey scribe
                                Good test case for #Flames. Get a handle on Luongo's worth -- then put a much better goalie (with only a two-year commitment) up for grabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X