Country
    This is DanQ's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    00:20

Smile TurnCast Episode 17: "Every Combination of Word"

There's a song for that. Daniel "DanQ" Quick is accompanied by Michael "emeseles" Lucas-Smith, Makahlua and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew as regular players on TurnCast (TC) focusing on co-operative multiplayer experiences in Civilization IV/V. Its seventeenth episode, "Every Combination of Word", is now netcasting, it has a runtime of 09m59s.

TurnCast is the third spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast on which Quick, Makahlua and Bellew serve as regular co-hosts; the modding-centric ModCast was the first, and the console-centric RevCast the second, such spin-off. The fourth spin-off, SCivCast covers Civ on social media.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast Episode 207, ModCast Focus Civ3, TurnCast #48 -- One More Turn Commentary (Poll)

Moped Nerd
    Settler
    Thanks
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:20

Advanced Humor or Sadism?

Hello to the crew at Apolyton.net,

Been listening to Polycast for a few years, enjoy the show. Hoping for some more pointers and a chance to see how you guys play I tuned into TurnCast. So, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's no content. I think Carthage may be the country that has the truest representation of the color orange, but that little gem of knowledge (valuable as it may be) was the only factoid, tip, or piece of Civ information presented, at least in the last episode. It really just seemed like inter-personal banter over a game of Civ, ostensibly, it was hard to tell as there was almost no talk of the game. Is this some new advanced humor you're working on? Like a few months ago on polycast when you took one of the most mind numbing series of vociemails and played them until I threw myself into traffic.
    Anyway more game content would be super, really do enjoy PolyCast I listened to almost every episode, listening to them in reverse after I found them a few years ago was interesting. I dropped off of Civ 4 to sleep more and get some work done in anticipation of Civ 5 last fall, even though I had it installed I managed to resist the urge until last week. Now I've got that monkey on my back again that means I'm listening to you again also. I don't get the time to play I would like, and I'd be interested in how you play and what the thought process is as you play and encounter different situations.

Thanks, Moped Nerd
    Last edited by Moped Nerd; May 14, 2012 at 18:46. Reason: incomplete auto-refresh

DanQ
    Country
    This is DanQ's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    00:20
    Hi Moped Nerd.

Inter-personal banter about and over games of Civ is an apt description of TurnCast, where content about the Civ games themselves is as often implied as it is detailed based on players' personalities and interactions with one another. Knowledge of these personalities is very much borne out of players' appearances as co-hosts on PolyCast, and yes even then the balance between game content implied and specific varies from clip-to-clip and even episode-to-episode. TurnCast is very much an acquired taste, so to speak, and as such understand that it will only appeal to part of the PolyCast audience.

That you tried TurnCast is appreciated, and hope that you will try another episode or two for there is varying difference between them. We hope that you are continuing to enjoy PolyCast, even if you do not find TurnCast to your liking ultimately.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast Episode 207, ModCast Focus Civ3, TurnCast #48 -- One More Turn Commentary (Poll)