Questions about the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
    7. What can a policeman do to you if he sees you walking down the street? Let's say you have no ID on you.
    The answer to this question is basically nothing. They might ask what you're doing, if you look drunk they might give you a breathalyzer, if you look high they might check you for pot. Not having ID is not a crime either. If you do need ID for something, you usually have a few days to show up at the station to demonstrate it, but they'll let you go for the time being.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• liquid detergent for clothes
      powder - if you want to make homemade napalm
      if your machines break and it maybe a while before you buy the replacement
      i vote by mail - can you ?
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

1. Do you really put liquid detergent into your washing machines instead of laundry powder?
        2. Why do laundromats exist if they provide no additional service? Why don't people just put a washing machine in their bathroom or kitchen?
        More to come.
        2. not all apartments have hookups. my first apartment on my own was a studio in a building built before your grandpappy was shooting at bolshevicks/commies
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          A word of advice, onodera: Oerdin doesn't know **** about Arizona or southern states or their laws or how the cops operate there. Just in case you hadn't picked up on that by now (which would surprise me).
          Another butt hurt know nothing who can't accept reality.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Nah Oerdin is actually sort of right but Onodera is white so he'll be cool.

A photo ID is a must for a Black guy, which makes the whole voter ID controversy so weird to me because there are actually Black guys with the guts to walk the streets without an ID?

I personally know guys who have forgotten their ID in other pants and got approached by the cops. They would get detained at the station for some time.

When almost every suspect called in over the radio is a young Black male and that generally fits your description, it's best to have ID on you and cooperate with police. Something like a school or work ID could also alleviate suspicion.

I've never once been approached by a cop but I don't know any Black guys who haven't.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You live in Philly, though. Which is, last I checked, above mason-dixon.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                You live in Philly, though. Which is, last I checked, above mason-dixon.
                I know right.

Also, Oerdin mentioned "Black people where they 'didn't belong'". Nah. This checking ID's thing takes place in the hood.

Remember, most crimes take place in the hood so that's where the police are looking; and if they're just trying to check for people with bench warrants, as Oerdin suggested, again they'd be better off stopping random people in the ghetto.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• They're both, of course. Though I honestly don't know how you can seize on one tiny part of a long post and completely miss the other 90% as I also covered that. Selective reading I guess.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    They vote with the location of their permanent duty station/where their unit is headquartered. An army man might be able to answer this better than me, but I think if your unit is headquartered in, say, Vicenza or something you can't vote.
                    Wrong, any duty station you would be sent to is considered American soil. You can always vote no matter where you are. I retained citizenship in my home state the entire time I was in the military.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      They're both, of course. Though I honestly don't know how you can seize on one tiny part of a long post and completely miss the other 90% as I also covered that. Selective reading I guess.
                      Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      In Arizona you can be stopped if you look hispanic but the courts will toss out that racist law also in some southern states there is a history of doing this to black people especially if they were in a white neighborhood "where they don't belong". That wasn't decades ago either but in the last 5 years or so.
                      What have we learned, kids? We've learned that 59 words is a long post, and that 33 is 90% of 59.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                        2. not all apartments have hookups. my first apartment on my own was a studio in a building built before your grandpappy was shooting at bolshevicks/commies
                        Hey, **** you. I am proud of my red heritage.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• 8. Is it true that you have to hire a babysitter when you're having a night out because it's against the law to leave your kids home alone?
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Yes, but "hire" in this case is a very informal term. Dropping the kids off at the grandparents counts, and its not like you're filling out paperwork.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Short answer, no. It would depend on the state and the age of the kid. If you habitually left a newborn unattended you could be charged with child neglect. But neglect cases are more about parents who essentially abandon their children and leave them to fend for themselves. Nobody is going to have their kids taken away for leaving them unattended for a few hours.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

8. Is it true that you have to hire a babysitter when you're having a night out because it's against the law to leave your kids home alone?
                                How old is the kid?

A lot of parents wouldn't want to leave the kid alone not because it would be illegal but because of concern for the kid without adult supervision.

There's also the matter of how would anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                                X