Questions about the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onodera View Post
    4. How do you obtain a ballot to vote? In Russia, you are automatically included in the voting list when you register your residence address, which is not the best way, of course.
    This is one of those things that's done by the state government, so it varies, but usually you can register at the DMV (department of motor vehicles) or at an election office run by the local government.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      This is one of those things that's done by the state government, so it varies, but usually you can register at the DMV (department of motor vehicles) or at an election office run by the local government.
      Do you have to do it for every election, or only when you move?
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Only when you move. If it's an interstate move, there might be some minimum residency requirement I think.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          What are you doing in Pittsburgh?
          Didn't he follow his big brother's footsteps and go to Carnegie Mellon?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Only when you move. If it's an interstate move, there might be some minimum residency requirement I think.
            How do you prove your residency, then? If it's by utility bills, what if you're renting and they are in landlord's name?

Comment

Comment

Holy crap, that's a lot of stuff. Is there a service that does it all for you? And I've thought our bureacratic procedures were incomparably bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                  What about San Francisco? I may well be there later on in the year...you'll have to show me your great coffee
                  Chockfull of specialty roasters, skilled baristas and enough geeky gadgets to keep even the nerdiest coffee drinkers happy, San Francisco’s bean scene is a haven for coffee quality. From where to score a taste of the city’s coffee history to where to get the best coffee show, here are our picks for 12 of the […]

Start with that article. Yes, San Francisco has great coffee. Even way back in the early 70's the area from San Francisco to Seattle was home of the coffee revolution which ended up totally changing how Americans thought of coffee.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    It really depends on which part of the country you're in.
                    Timmies is only available in a few northern States.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I did see a couple of those in NYC. Is it worth it? I heard not
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Timmies is decent coffee for really cheap. If you don't want to pay starbucks prices, it is a good idea.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Tim Horton's is good coffee.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

They rule the Canadian market with stores as frequent as gas stations.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It makes sense to me.

Starbucks/etc are really expensive in comparison, and Starbucks at least has worse coffee.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I've only been to Starbucks once and I was not impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X