Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    You guys must live in ghetto areas.

Virtually no one buys top-load anymore in developed countries.
    What's wrong with top loading washers anyway?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Front-load washers are much more energy efficient. Top-load needs enough water to cover all the clothes in the drums, front-loads do not. Top-load needs to empty the drum to get rid of soapy water and replace with clean, front-loads do not. Front-loads need no agitator, allowing for bigger loads. The agitators in top-load washers are tougher on clothes, also.

Also, ergonomics. Easier to fill/empty a front-load than top-load.

Front-loads also take up less space and can be stacked with a dryer.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You guys must live in ghetto areas.

Virtually no one buys top-load anymore in developed countries.
        Our washing machine is quite old, but mom says when she gets a new one it will be a front loader.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Front-loading is un-American. Our commercial machines are front-loaders but our consumer ones are top-loaders.
          They used to be but if you'd gone shopping for one in the last 5-10 years you'd notice 90%+ of the floor models are front loaders. Usually the cheapest one is a top loader and it's one lonely old model sitting in the very back of the shop.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            3. Why do American cars have large engines? Even Ford Focus is sold with a different engine in Europe and the US.
            If my car didn't have a big engine it would get stuck in the snow.

Comment

Mine is a top loader but not the kind of top loaders you seem to have in the US.

Mine is essentially a front loading design but the drum is rotated 90 degrees and there is a mechanism in the drum to open it from the top. The end result is a very narrow appliance which can fit in a small space. Mine is in a corner of the corridor of the apartment (near the bath).

The drum mechanism is similar to that:
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Only for short people

Comment

You need to squat down all low to fill a front-load. Top-load, you just put it in from a standing position.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Our washing machine is quite old, but mom says when she gets a new one it will be a front loader.
                  Why are you trying to justify yourself to Asher?
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Front-load washers are much more energy efficient. Top-load needs enough water to cover all the clothes in the drums, front-loads do not. Top-load needs to empty the drum to get rid of soapy water and replace with clean, front-loads do not. Front-loads need no agitator, allowing for bigger loads. The agitators in top-load washers are tougher on clothes, also.

Front-loads also take up less space and can be stacked with a dryer.
                    cool

Comment

You need to squat down all low to fill a front-load. Top-load, you just put it in from a standing position.

Why are you trying to justify yourself to Asher?
                      Then you best get started on doing squatting exercises, mister.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
                        Mine is a top loader but not the kind of top loaders you seem to have in the US.

Mine is essentially a front loading design but the drum is rotated 90 degrees and there is a mechanism in the drum to open it from the top. The end result is a very narrow appliance which can fit in a small space. Mine is in a corner of the corridor of the apartment (near the bath).

The drum mechanism is similar to that:
                        My mother had one like that when we were growing up. It was very small and almost portable. You could hook it up to the bathtub faucet for water. Opened just as that one does.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Why would you need to squat down to fill? You don't need to see to throw it in...It's at a perfect height to whip things in with your arms.

Getting it out is the other thing - with a front-load, you blindly reach in and just pull the clothes forward to drop into a waiting basket. With a top-load you need to bend down and reach in repeatedly.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, and if there's a snapping turtle in the top-load, you won't see it when you stick you hands in.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why would you need to squat down to fill? You don't need to see to throw it in...It's at a perfect height to whip things in with your arms.

Getting it out is the other thing - with a front-load, you blindly reach in and just pull the clothes forward to drop into a waiting basket. With a top-load you need to bend down and reach in repeatedly.
                              Bend down? My washer is probably four feet tall. I can easily put my hands in without bending over.

Front loader I absolutely would need to bend low or squat.

Typical front-loader:

How can you NOT have to get low? Look at that thing! The top of the door would barely even make it to my knees.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                                Yeah, and if there's a snapping turtle in the top-load, you won't see it when you stick you hands in.
                                But if you're standing in front of a front loader with the door open, the snapping turtle will get you on your junk...

Comment

Working...
                                X