Questions about the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    When I was in Hungary I think my cousins all had washing machines in their bathrooms. Is that a common place to put them in Europe? I don't think I've ever seen a washing machine in a bathroom in the US.
    Yes, it is, where else would you put it if you have no basement and it has to be a room with water hookup?
    Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    But no dryer. And if it's the kind of washing machine I think it is, it wouldn't cut it in America.
    You can buy a washing machine with dryer functionality. A standard size front-load washing machine, 60 cm deep, certified to handle up to 8 kg of laundry, what's so unamerican about it?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      A standard size front-load washing machine, 60 cm deep, certified to handle up to 8 kg of laundry, what's so unamerican about it?
      Front-loading is un-American. Our commercial machines are front-loaders but our consumer ones are top-loaders.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That's not true, I recall reading that front loaders are becoming more popular as the price has been going down.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Front-loaders are also prone to mold buildup in the rubber gasket on the door.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You can buy a washing machine with dryer functionality. A standard size front-load washing machine, 60 cm deep, certified to handle up to 8 kg of laundry, what's so unamerican about it?
            That they don't really work and leave your clothes smelling funky.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              That's not true, I recall reading that front loaders are becoming more popular as the price has been going down.
              I've only found two sources about front-loaders:

Yet nearly 75 percent of American households still have top-loaders, according to research from Whirlpool Corporation.

Twelve percent of households in Tennessee use front-loading clothes washers in their home, half as many households as in neighboring Virginia (24 percent). Front-loading clothes washers use much less water and energy than traditional, top-loading models.
              But I don't know if that's a percentage of households with washing machines or households in totality.

Comment

I've only ever seen top loading washing machines. Front loading dryers though.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I always use liquid detergent.

Comment

Yes, it is, where else would you put it if you have no basement and it has to be a room with water hookup?
                    I guess I"m less familiar with apartments (in any country), but I think they generally go in their own room, or in some alcove or closet somewhere.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Front-loaders are also prone to mold buildup in the rubber gasket on the door.
                      Only if you're lazy enough not to wipe it dry after use.

Comment

I guess I"m less familiar with apartments (in any country), but I think they generally go in their own room, or in some alcove or closet somewhere.
                        Apartments aren't known for having extra rooms just for the washing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Front-loading is un-American. Our commercial machines are front-loaders but our consumer ones are top-loaders.
                          Seriously? A type of washing machine is "un-American"?

Comment

3. Why do American cars have large engines? Even Ford Focus is sold with a different engine in Europe and the US.

Comment

I've only ever seen top loading washing machines. Front loading dryers though.
                              You guys must live in ghetto areas.

Virtually no one buys top-load anymore in developed countries.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

1. Do you really put liquid detergent into your washing machines instead of laundry powder?
                                2. Why do laundromats exist if they provide no additional service? Why don't people just put a washing machine in their bathroom or kitchen?
                                More to come.
                                I never use liquid detergent - I use powdered detergent.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X