Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the best strat for introducing civ -or- how to hook my sister on crack cocaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best strat for introducing civ -or- how to hook my sister on crack cocaine

My sister started playing civ on my laptop and now wants her own copy. She's desperate. Has checked Amazon and can't find the game.

2 key questions:

1. which game should she start with. MGE? 2.4.2? FW? TOT? I showed her 2.4.2 and she liked that a lot. I want to make sure she gets a version that has the eye candy (movies, heralds, council, etc. since that is a real draw for new civers in tersm of immersion.)

2. Where can I get the desired version? Hasbro? She said the games were unavailable at amazon.

Thanks in advance.

Heh heh, I got my sister hooked, too. Just last week I called her to chat, and she told me all about how she'd cornered the vikings, the only other civ left, and would butcher anybody who emerged from their sole city. "O yeah, and in real life, ..."

Sorry, I've no idea about where to buy it.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Today, as we speak, Chips and Bits (an advertiser on this site) has the original Civ II in stock on their site. Google, the search site, shows multiple vendors who mention Civ MGE. Last time I checked, some of them had it in stock. It's still out there. I recommend 2.42 (may have to download and apply the patch yourself), for non-warmonger types, MGE for the bloodthirsty. You know your sister. Will she tolerate playing you directly? If so, definitely MGE.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It looks like currently only the CD is offered and Iw ant her to have the manual. so I'm sending her my copy and will buy a replacement.

Should I break dwon and get MGE?

Comment

If you want to kick her a** once she gets into it, one of you will need the multiplayer version.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

You can order your copy of Civilization (MGE or TOT) on this website : www.cdromshop.com ... It will cost you $27 for the game + he shipping cost ...

Comment

Can I play Multiplayer against someone if I only have the original civ2 game? Or is there a patch I can download to make my original civ2 game become multiplayer ready?
              Email address:
              ben_e_gas@yahoo.com
              The other one I used to register here doesn't work.

Comment

My sister is hooked. I sent her my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                  My sister is hooked. I sent her my copy.
                  Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cheers wildly*

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I've already got my sister hooked to civ 2 and age of empires.....
                    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

All I play, and care to try other than III, is MGE.
                      Isn't there a patch to make the regular Civ II MP ?

I got Boann hooked.
                      Started with many games of us and AI, or not.
                      Then Zone.
                      Then here.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                      X