Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Brandon Inge went 0-for-3 for the fourth straight time today, in a 3-3 exhibition tie with the Miami Marlins.

His 0-for-12 streak has dropped his spring-training average from .219 to .159. In 44 at-bats this spring, he has one homer and one RBI.

“I feel great at the plate,” Inge said. “I consider a quality at-bat squaring it up and hitting it on the screws. I’ve done that a lot. I don’t have much to show for average, which I really don’t care about. I’ve learned -- especially after last year (when he hit .197) -- I don’t care one bit. I’m having fun playing baseball, and I will continue to have fun.

"I will never let numbers bring me down again. I’ve hit a lot of balls right at people.”

In the 0-for-12 stretch, Inge has struck out once. So he is making contact.
    Oh Inge...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Making contact, but OBP sucks. Here's your bus ticket. We'll see ya.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yay baseball!! I am very excited (though not for my team as the Mets are still... "rebuilding")!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It is strange to see the first game of the real season in the books while the rest of the teams are still playing spring training games.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good news in Dodgertown:

The Magic Johnson / Stan Kasten group spent $2.15 BILLION to get the Dodgers. An ownership group with that much money shouldn't have many issues with payroll.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yea, the baseball writers on my twitter all seem to be ecstatic about the Dodger purchase.

Wow, that article says they paid 2.5 times more for the Dodgers then any other baseball team has ever been purchased for... why so much?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

A sign of the times, and it is the dodgers. And what properties were included.

I'm sure the Yankees would have brought in more.
              Lord knows the chubbies didn't rate that kind of price not that long ago.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Indeed. This is one of the most storied teams in baseball history & they paid for the parking lots, etc.

Comment

McCourt bought the club just 8 years ago for $420 million. That is a hell of an increase. Especially since the team is now bankrupt and isn't a contender at the moment.
                  Last edited by OzzyKP; March 28, 2012, 14:49.

Comment

Inflation!

Comment

Also, apparently the TV deal with Fox Sports expires this season, so the upcoming television deal may be HIGHLY lucrative and there is talk of a regional channel similar to YES or NESN, both of which makes the Yankees and Red Sox, respectively, a ton of money.

Comment

That's still overpaying IMHO. But good luck to them.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I guess we'll see in 10 or so years, but YES and NESN have transformed the Yankees and Red Sox from simply rich teams into playing on another planet in terms of money.

Comment

Need a cap.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hell no.

Comment

Working...
                              X