Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marlins are an embarrassment.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Guillen's fresh start went stale in a huge hurry. SO glad he's gone, despite the huge reduction in colorful daily soundbites in Chicago.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Guillen's fresh start went stale in a huge hurry. SO glad he's gone, despite the huge reduction in colorful daily soundbites in Chicago.
        In the first 10 games even. Not knowing that talking favorably about Castro in Miami is a no-no

Comment

• And now the Dempster Cubs-Braves trade is supposedly dead. Dempster is supposed to pitch today against the Pirates. Negotiating technique or really dead?

Comment

• He doesn't want to go to Atlanta. Really wants to go to the Dodgers.

Kind of sucks, but hey, he's a 10-and-5 guy and has earned the right.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Truth. Why these rights are negotiated. Poor Cubs - Delgado would have been a great catch!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• There's another week to go. I still expect Dempster to go, and I'm fine with that.
                I'm less excited about the Cubs dealing Garza, but if the price is right, so be it.

Comment

• This year is toast, so I don't really care who they get rid of it as long as it helps the team in the future.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Angels pick up Grienke. What a scary rotation and scary line up.

At least he stayed out of the AL Central. I'm hopeful the Tigers will muscle out the Sox & Indians for the division, but the Yankees, Rangers & Angels are fricken stacked for the playoffs. Go Nats!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• On another note... anyone care to make some early Cy Young and MVP predictions?

AL
                      Cy Young - Justin Verlander
                      MVP - Mike Trout (or Miguel Cabrera, but I can't believe the Tigers would capture both of these awards two years in a row)

NL
                      Cy Young - Matt Cain
                      MVP - Andrew McCutchen

Comment

• I think the Angels are going down the same road that the Phillies traveled.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sloww, the big difference that the Angels have a really good farm system. They didn't deal too much for Greinke, while the Phillies kind of dealt their entire farm team for their big guns.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            On another note... anyone care to make some early Cy Young and MVP predictions?

AL
                            Cy Young - Justin Verlander
                            MVP - Mike Trout (or Miguel Cabrera, but I can't believe the Tigers would capture both of these awards two years in a row)

NL
                            Cy Young - Matt Cain
                            MVP - Andrew McCutchen
                            AL Cy Young - Jered Weaver, LAA
                            AL MVP - Robinson Cano, NYY (Trout totally deserves it, but they tend not to want to award it to Rookies)
                            AL Rookie of the Year - (duh) Mike Trout, LAA

NL Cy Young - Johnny Cueto, CIN (I know the guy wasn't even an All Star - that makes that snub even more ridiculous) - maybe R.A. Dickey of the Mets, but his last two starts haven't been that great
                            NL MVP - Andrew McCutchen, PIT (though only because Joey Votto is out for a month)
                            NL Rookie of the Year - (duh #2) Bryce Harper - WAS

Comment

• I have both Matt Cain and Andrew McCutchen and I'm still sucking eggs.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Lots of fun deadline deals today!

Shane Victorino joins Hanley Ramirez as new members of the Dodgers. Not to be outdone, the Giants swing a deal for Hunter Pence. Makes one wonder, where go the Phillies? Speaking of the NL East, the Braves get some small pieces in Malholm and Johnson, but giving up Vizcaino may have been too steep.

And at the deadline time itself, the Rangers wanted to do something since the Angels did, so got Ryan Dempster. And earlier got Geovany Soto.

The (2nd place!!) Pirates also made some interesting low risk, high reward deals - getting Travis Snider from the Blue Jays and Gaby Sanchez from the Marlins. Both seriously underperforming, but may return to some heights. The 1st place Reds though made a decent deal getting Jonathan Broxton to shore up the bullpen.

Comment

Working...
                                X