Baseball is Here!! MLB 2012!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    During my outing to the camera store just now, Dempster was announced as traded while going there, but Dempster himself denied it via Twitter while I was driving home. He's a 5-and-10 guy who he has said he is willing to waive his no-trade rights for the good of the team... Sounds iike someone forgot to check with him. Stay tuned.
    At least it wasn't the Cubs announcing he had been traded a la the Bears and Dave McGinnis

Comment

• Weirdly, it was MLB who jumped the gun.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• "Wet his beak"? What's that? It sounds sexual.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• "Ichiro Suzuki, a fixture in Seattle, will play tonight against his former team after the Yankees acquired him in a trade Monday."
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            "Wet his beak"? What's that? It sounds sexual.
            You never saw The Godfather, never read Mario Puzo? It's like a share of the profits, a cut.

I meant he probably wants a little cash in exchange for approving the trade.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• No, to both.

Comment

• They announced that Garza would miss his next start so I hope that doesn't mess things up.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That could be to prevent an issue that would mess up a deal...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    And it looks like Garza is indeed also on the block:
                    Hmmm, Zach Lee is the 62nd ranked prospect in the minors and has been dreadful in his minor league career. He's only 20, but going to need a lot of work before he's ready for big league action.

Delgado seems like the better pickup and for a lesser value SP.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Tigers picked up Anibal Sanchez SP & Omar Infante 2B from the Marlins for Jacob Turner and a few other prospects.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Apparently, Dempster's price is a 2-yr extension if it's Atlanta. It's reported his preference is LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          They announced that Garza would miss his next start so I hope that doesn't mess things up.
                          Update:
                          Matt Garza has been excused from the Cubs for the birth of his child and won't pitch before Monday.

Comment

• I wish SF Giants have a good chance again this year.

Comment

• Yikes, the Marlins send Hanley Ramirez to the Dodgers for a song. The fire sale has begun.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                Yikes, the Marlins send Hanley Ramirez to the Dodgers for a song. The fire sale has begun.
                                Jose Reyes must be SOOOO happy he decided to sign with the Marlins over the Mets this year .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X