Broccoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Both Obama's mandate and Paul Ryan's proposal use the government's power to tax income in order to create an incentive to buy health insurance from private companies. I guess some people will never cease to amaze me.
    The link Drake provided addresses this head on:

EK: And how does that fall on something like the Ryan plan, where the government says, look, we’ll lower your tax liability by $2,500 if you purchase insurance from private insurers? That seems like the same penalty, the same power, just one step removed.

RB: Most of the justices did not seem all that sympathetic to that argument. Just because the government does have the power to do x, doesn’t mean they have the power to do y, even if y has the same effect as x. There’s no constitutional principle like that. And by the way, if they have a commerce power to mandate you buy things, then under existing law and financial law, they could put you in jail. Every time you give up a tax subsidy, all you lose is the $5,000 benefit you didn’t get. It can’t be enforced through imprisonment. And that’s a big difference.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

How about Texas Instruments?

xpost

Comment

Both Obama's mandate and Paul Ryan's proposal use the government's power to tax income in order to create an incentive to buy health insurance from private companies.
        Most of the federal appeals courts that have heard the argument don't agree that Obama's mandate uses the government's taxing power. Obama's mandate also penalizes individuals who refuse to buy insurance from private companies, rather than offering them an incentive to do so.

Comment

"Dur, we don't need no education because they want to just teach us about tha evolution!" "We don't need to know about how Darwin thinks we're from apes, we know good god fearing Americans (read: white, but blacks probably are) descended from apes!"

Education, public health, teen pregnancy, STDs, divorce rates, income, bankruptcy rates, fatherless families, name your issue. The deep south is ALWAYS the worst. Start admitting that reality instead of running away from that and maybe, maybe, where you live will stop being a 3rd world ****hole worse than Guatemala. Until then you will continue being the sewer flotsam you've always been. The way you begin is by admitting you're garbage, seeing which states do EVERYTHING better, and then copying those states which are so obviously your superiors.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Are you drunk?

Comment

Just stupid.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Education, public health, teen pregnancy, STDs, divorce rates, income, bankruptcy rates, fatherless families, name your issue.
                OK. Let's try state credit rating, unemployment rate, foreclosure rate, and percentage of adults with a high school diploma, for starters. I can't wait to see how you try to spin California's poor performance on these issues.

Comment

"Dur, we don't need no education because they want to just teach us about tha evolution!" "We don't need to know about how Darwin thinks we're from apes, we know good god fearing Americans (read: white, but blacks probably are) descended from apes!"

Education, public health, teen pregnancy, STDs, divorce rates, income, bankruptcy rates, fatherless families, name your issue. The deep south is ALWAYS the worst. Start admitting that reality instead of running away from that and maybe, maybe, where you live will stop being a 3rd world ****hole worse than Guatemala. Until then you will continue being the sewer flotsam you've always been. The way you begin is by admitting you're garbage, seeing which states do EVERYTHING better, and then copying those states which are so obviously your superiors.
                  Yes Oerdin, Mississippi is worse than Guatemala. I doubt anyone from Guatemala would ever want to move there.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    How about Texas Instruments?

xpost
                    That does not appear to be in the deep south. Try again.

Comment

Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, top 100 companies, top 10 companies, top ten companies, 100 top companies, 1000 companies, 500 companies, America's largest companies, America's largest corporations, biggest companies, biggest corporations, company list, new companies, top 500 companies, top 500 company, top companies, largest companies, most profitable companies, best companies to work for

Look at how many fortune 500 companies are based in Texas. 10% of them.

Comment

Not even a Walmart or an ExxonMobil? You know, the two companies at the top of the fortune 500?
                        What part of the deep south do you not understand? What is the major malfunction?

Comment

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...states/TX.html

Look at how many fortune 500 companies are based in Texas
                          Jesus Christ, you are stupid. Refer to one of my last three posts, dumb ass.

Comment

What part of the deep south do you not understand? What is the major malfunction?
                            Your original rant was about the south, not the deep south, dickhead. As for the deep south, ever heard of Coca-Cola or Home Depot?

Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, top 100 companies, top 10 companies, top ten companies, 100 top companies, 1000 companies, 500 companies, America's largest companies, America's largest corporations, biggest companies, biggest corporations, company list, new companies, top 500 companies, top 500 company, top companies, largest companies, most profitable companies, best companies to work for

Comment

I don't know anyone who would include Texas as part of the deep south. It is its own type of stupid.

Comment

I don't know anyone who would include Texas as part of the deep south. It is its own type of stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X