Broccoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    Face facts, dude. California is the worst state in the Union. Hating on the South isn't going to change that.
    California is either the best or among the best in everything. You know it, I know it. Name the issue you worthless carpet bagging Nebraskan.

Not that I blame you for leaving Nebraska and becoming a carpet bagger. Anyone with even the slightest amount of talent would do the same. No one wants to live in a ****hole without any opportunity.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      Everything, though the bigots in the south love to try to pretend its all the fault of negros. It's not.
      You of all people have no right to accuse others of racism.

Comment

California is either the best or among the best in everything. You know it, I know it. Name the issue you worthless carpet bagging Nebraskan.
        Nebraska is the second-best state in the Union, behind only Wyoming.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	south.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	9093001

I'm sorry, you were saying something about negros and how terrible the south is?
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Some people won't like to admit this basic fact but that doesn't change the fact that the south is worst at everything. Name a negative condition and those ****bags in the south are the worst at it. Everything, though the bigots in the south love to try to pretend its all the fault of negros. It's not.
            If black people have a lower high school graduation rate, a higher teen pregnancy rate, a higher childhood poverty rate, higher rate of single parenthood, etc., than white people, and if you were consistent, you would insist they were "backward".

Comment

According to tax economists, there’s no economic difference between the individual mandate and the policies leading Republicans support to give large tax credits to Americans who purchase health-care insurance and deny them to those who don’t. But while the mandate might get overturned, everyone agrees that discriminatory tax credits are constitutional.

By now, you should know how the individual mandate works: Starting in 2016, those who don’t carry insurance will be assessed a $695 fine, per year, or 2.5 percent of their income, whichever is higher. There are exemptions for those who can’t afford health-care insurance, but that’s the basic gist of it.

Here’s how Paul Ryan’s health-care plan works: Individuals who purchase insurance will get a $2,300 tax credit. Individuals who don’t purchase insurance forgo the tax credit. There’s no affordability clause such that, say, someone who can’t afford health insurance nevertheless gets the tax credit.
              The individual mandate component of the national health-care overhaul law had its day in court Tuesday, as some Supreme Court justices voiced skepticism over its constitutionality.

All this fuss over semantics

Comment

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Yea, Verilli's pummeling got me excited. But after finishing the whole oral argument it isn't quite as much a slam dunk as some in the media are making it out to be. Kennedy, and especially Roberts, showed some sympathy for the other side.

The question of whether this is really a tax and falls under the taxing power was particularly troubling.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Nebraska is the second-best state in the Union, behind only Wyoming.
                  Nebraska is a ****hole, you know that, that's why you abandoned it for a better place called New York. There is little to no opportunity in Nebraska just like other rural places.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    You should read Klein's interview with Randy Barnett, which demonstrates how ill-informed Ezra really is on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      The question of whether this is really a tax and falls under the taxing power was particularly troubling.
                      Deciding that the penalty for not purchasing health insurance is a valid use of Congress's taxing power would be a convenient way of avoiding a decision on the thorny Commerce Clause issues inherent in the individual mandate, but I don't forsee SCOTUS taking that route. The lower courts were mostly in agreement that the government's taxing power arguments were bunk.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        The Supreme Court doesn't decide on the question of economic impact, it decides on the question of Constitutionality.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]171427[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry, you were saying something about negros and how terrible the south is?
                          See? He's actually just doing it obliquely but southerners love to blame blacks for ALL of the failings of the south when the reality is the whole ****ing place is a worthless ****hole and even Felch, the ass licker, knows it. Even the whites are worse off. It's not all the fault of the blacks but the fact that the politics of the south sucks, the ideology of the south sucks, and, yes, I said it, the people of the south suck. They're uneducated pieces of **** no one wants to hire while their ****ty states are places no one wants to relocate their businesses too. You don't see a single a fortune 500 company from there, no Google, no Apple, not even a GM.

30 years from now will look just like 30 years ago or 70 years ago or 150 years ago. The south will continue to be the ****hole of America because the people and culture of the south result in it being a ****hole. Just look how the dumb asses are worst at everything and how 60% of people in Alabama claim Obama is an illegal Kenyan or that he is secret Muslim terrorist sleeper agent or how they think voting for the same worthless dumb asses who have brought them nothing but failure will magically bring them something different. It's the arsehole of America and it always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            The Supreme Court doesn't decide on the question of economic impact, it decides on the question of Constitutionality.
                            Both Obama's mandate and Paul Ryan's proposal use the government's power to tax income in order to create an incentive to buy health insurance from private companies. I guess some people will never cease to amaze me.

Comment

Name the ****ty condition, high school drop outs, preventable disease, premature death, teen pregnancy, STDs, childhood poverty, high school drop outs, single parenthood, divorce, child abuse... It doesn't really matter which we talk about because no matter what problem we talk about some southern ****hole will be the worst in the nation. Alabama and Mississippi are universally the worst in the nation and the only ****hole who ever gives them a run for their ****ty money is Texas. Face fact, the south is a mother ****ing ****hole which is worst at EVERYTHING!
                              None of those places had rolling blackouts like Los Angeles.

Also, Virginia and North Carolina are quite nice. I'm currently trying to get a job in Raleigh. There's no such thing as winter in Florida. Texas has awesome job growth, the taxes are low, and everything is super cheap. Lots of places in the South are nice to live, and in none of them do you have to fill your car with that special California-only gas.

Comment

See? He's actually just doing it obliquely but southerners love to blame blacks for ALL of the failings of the south when the reality is the whole ****ing place is a worthless ****hole and even Felch, the ass licker, knows it. Even the whites are worse off. It's not all the fault of the blacks but the fact that the politics of the south sucks, the ideology of the south sucks, and, yes, I said it, the people of the south suck. They're uneducated pieces of **** no one wants to hire while their ****ty states are places no one wants to relocate their businesses too. You don't see a single a fortune 500 company from there, no Google, no Apple, not even a GM.
                                Not even a Walmart or an ExxonMobil? You know, the two companies at the top of the fortune 500?

Comment

Working...
                                X