No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck ... in the event you can't get it resolved and wish someone to host this for you ... please don't hesitate.
    I have a high speed connection (33 MB down and 2 up) and my computer is on 99% of the time.

Comment

What is the game date of the last save that we will be recovering too? France had a very good outcome from the battle of the bears in 3730 BC and would prefer not to have to repeat that battle. Also France is engaged in the dangerous business of exploring with a warrior in raging barbarian mode which is suicidal using queued moves so I would prefer not to miss turns due to connectivity issues.

Comment

I'd suspect dyndns of not updating correctly.

Lookup for me shows your IP as 68.32.63.189, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
          I am working on the problem. Sorry to everyone for the delay. I have established that the Pitboss CPU is working, civstats and PYT are working, the game is working, my router is brand new, my internet is working, my network is working, the game is reachable from inside the network, and my Dyndns is working. So what that leaves is some problem with my IP taking direct connections, I think on the ISP side. I will call Comcast about it tommorow (1AM here). I changedf my services around today so they had to fool with my cable/internet and that is when the problem started AFAICT.

I will post here when its back up. Sorry again to everyone.
          No problems Sommerswerd. We will be standing by.

(But you would think that with your god avatar you would have almighty powers and be able to just snap your fingers and fix it. )

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post

That sounds more likely than an ISP issue.

Comment

Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
              Good Luck ... in the event you can't get it resolved and wish someone to host this for you ... please don't hesitate.
              I have a high speed connection (33 MB down and 2 up) and my computer is on 99% of the time.
              Thanks China! I will keep that in mind if needed.
              Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
              What is the game date of the last save that we will be recovering too? France had a very good outcome from the battle of the bears in 3730 BC and would prefer not to have to repeat that battle. Also France is engaged in the dangerous business of exploring with a warrior in raging barbarian mode which is suicidal using queued moves so I would prefer not to miss turns due to connectivity issues.
              Understood, I will try to make sure that any reload does not cause your warrior to get eaten by a bear. No promises but I will keep it as a top priority.
              Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post

Yea I put a tech support request into Dyndns, hopefully they respond soon. Did you try logging in to the IP directly without using the dynamic address? I tried it from inside and outside the network. No joy for either.
              Originally posted by Ottomans (DoB) View Post
              you would think that with your god avatar you would have almighty powers and be able to just snap your fingers and fix it. )
              That's not God! It's Morgan Freeman! ... Although Morgan Freeman is often confused with God, and has "godlike" acting and narrating abilities (see Shawshank redemption).

Now as for my own "godlike" superpowers (which I do have BTW)... They were recently taken away from me by the Q continuum for various things ranging from insolence to spam to endless debating and arguing over trivial matters, and generally, being a very, very bad boy.

Comment

Yea I put a tech support request into Dyndns, hopefully they respond soon. Did you try logging in to the IP directly without using the dynamic address? I tried it from inside and outside the network. No joy for either.
                Based upon the tech support request to Dyndns, I assume the IP address that sommerswerd.dyndns.org:2057 is resolving to (68.32.63.189) is wrong. What is the correct IP address? (Easy to find just goto the website http://www.whatismyip.com/).

If we cannot reach the game using the correct IP address (x.x.x.x:2057) then there is still another issue. (Not allowing port 2057 through the router is a possible issue). If we can reach the game via the direct IP address then we can continue the game using the IP address until Dyndns entry is updated. (If your IP address changes we would need to make note of that when it happens).

Note: trying to reach the public IP address from your internal network will not work as your router is presumably NATing the IP address. You would have to use the private IP address (generally 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x)

Comment

That's not God! It's Morgan Freeman! ... Although Morgan Freeman is often confused with God, and has "godlike" acting and narrating abilities (see Shawshank redemption).
                  And I think you will find that is a picture of Morgan Freeman playing God in Bruce Almighty.

Hence my reference.

Now as for my own "godlike" superpowers (which I do have BTW)... They were recently taken away from me by the Q continuum for various things ranging from insolence to spam to endless debating and arguing over trivial matters, and generally, being a very, very bad boy.

Comment

Based upon the tech support request to Dyndns, I assume the IP address that sommerswerd.dyndns.org:2057 is resolving to (68.32.63.189) is wrong. What is the correct IP address? (Easy to find just goto the website http://www.whatismyip.com/).
                    One of the reasons I requested tech support from dyndns is for the issue of compatability of update clients. I downloaded and am running the Dyndns approved update-client program, but am not completely sure that I turned of my router's update client feature. Another reason is to just see if there is some other issue I am missing.

The IP address 68.32.189 is the correct IP. At least it seems to be and there is no other IP AFAICT. I am familiar with whatismyip.com as well as how to check public and private IPs from command prompt, etc, and I have been on and off that IP website all morning, checking and rechecking my IP throughout this whole process.

Did you try to access my CPU with just the IP? Don't use 2057 port as that game is down, but I have another game up to allow me to test the connection. The same IP address would obviously apply to that game as well, so let me know if you can connect or not.

If we cannot reach the game using the correct IP address (x.x.x.x:2057) then there is still another issue. (Not allowing port 2057 through the router is a possible issue).
                    I have ports 2056 through 2065 forwarded so I don't know why the router would suddenly stop letting traffic to them through. Remember I was running multiple games, which are now unreachable, so it probably wasn't just an issue with port 2057. Right now, the DoB game is down while we sort out the problem, but I have another game up so the connection can still be tested. So the 2057 port wouldnt work anyway, but you would still be able to connect with the IP if it was working properly.
                    If we can reach the game via the direct IP address then we can continue the game using the IP address until Dyndns entry is updated. (If your IP address changes we would need to make note of that when it happens).
                    One tech at my ISP claimed that the IP changes every 6 hours, but another tech told me that it only changes once a month. However, both of them are wrong, because this IP has been running unchanged for months. Let me know if anyone can connect to the IP. If yes, we can just use it until it changes or I get the Dyndns thing resolved.
                    Note: trying to reach the public IP address from your internal network will not work as your router is presumably NATing the IP address. You would have to use the private IP address (generally 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x)
                    Yes exactly right. When I say that I can still access the game internally, what I mean is I can still log in from my home network using the 192.168.x.x private IP. I have access to a Mobile hotspot at home which of course has a different IP, and when I test the connection from the hotspot, I still cant log in, which leads me to belive that remote access is down as well (that and the fact that all you fine gentleman are telling me access is down).

Still working on it, but I am at work now... finally, so I will try something else when I get home. It occurs to me that maybe the router is sending game traffic to the wrong private IP on my network, since multiple compys on my home network have Civ installed. I'll check when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottomans (DoB) View Post
                      Morgan Freeman playing God in Bruce Almighty.

Comment

Can you turn Hamachi back on and let me try to connect that way? (Still the Tiker2 box, right?)

I can't even ping you via direct IP right now.

Comment

Can you put your pc in the DMZ if only temporarily to eliminate the router confusing matters?

Comment

Is the game still running? I had a civstats tell me a new turn started at 4:49 am this morning.

Comment

OK that was it. I realized what happened. I was unplugging a cable box and I accidentally unplugged the router. When I plugged the router back in, it scrambled all the private IPs of the CPUs on my network. So when the router was port forwarding, it was sending traffic to the wrong computer. So anyway I fixed it and we are back in business

My other pitboss is already up and reachable, DoB will be back up shortly (give me like an hour to get civstats and everything up and running.) I just need to eat dinner

Comment

OK game is back up, 12 hours on the clock. I reloaded to 3715 BC, so as not to disturb France's triumph over the Bears. France and Ottomans were first to notice the game was down, and both played their turns in 3730 BC, so I'm guessing it was 3715 when they noticed the game was down.

Play on.

Comment

Working...
                                X