Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logged in and repaused again.

Comment

There are four players that have not finished their turn Spain, Russia, Arabia & Japan. Russia has logged in according to PYT but either forgot to end his turn or had some sort of problem. In case anyone does not know how to turn the pause on/off it is the PAUSE key on your keyboard.

If someone has completed their turn but forgot to end their turn then they should log in again and end their turn or we could be waiting for a while.

Comment

It is well paused with 5 hours just checked.

Comment

I removed the mail addresses people used for DoE which blocked them for playing in this game.
          So now you should be able to sign to this DoB game up with your mail address.

If you have any issues, please contact me by PM.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thank you Robert, that should help a bunch of folks here.

Comment

Thought it was a new turn from Civstats and logged in and found the game paused. Unpaused and tried to move and it wouldn't move thus signed out.
              Then checked here and subsequently signed in and paused again with over 5 hrs on the clock. Apologies for undoing pause briefly.

Assuming the game is on hold until the missing players play their turn. Hopefully this is just first turn start up jitters and not an omen of things to come.

Can we get an update in this thread when things resume? I'll assume its paused until further notice.

I won't be signing in again now until tomorrow around 6am EDT.

Comment

PM sent to Sommerswerd. Sorry for the delay everyone.

Comment

Finally the Spanish princess Himilce can be reached via messenger.
                  La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                    Great Point China! It's true if you set up your Civstats, people will be able to see your name. Maybe i should just disable that feature to be on the safe side.
                    And what about PlayYourTurn? Is that possible, remaining anonymous, and how? I would like to register the game there, so I get an email when the turn is up?

Comment

What you would have to do is create a new Civstats or PYT account that uses your anonymous name. Then you can sign into PYT or Civstats with no fear of losing anonymity. But then you cant use that ID for your other games for the same reason. Anyway if anyone wants to do this PM me so I can give you the Civstats / PYT password.

I had posted it, but I took it down to avoid mistakes. This way, when you PM me I can remind you about the anonymous account thing

Comment

Proposal:
                        make turn timer 8 hours (as most players will be queing their orders anyway, there is not much need to log in every turn)
                        La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

Oh dear, it says I need to have 20 posts to make images post
                          "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

As for timer I like the 8 hours idea, also even shorter is OK too, but maybe some others need more time to be sure of all the moves they make. I am easy with 12 hour timer.
                            "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

I would prefer to keep a 12 hour turn as it is probably not possible for people working a standard 8 hour work day to login while at work. Somethings cannot be queued up like issuing commands to a new worker/settler on the turn it is created. If you optimize the creation of the worker to get an advantage over your neighbors but the worker is created during your workday then you will likely miss a turn of worker productivity or settler movement. Racing to settle areas may be a key issue in the battle for Europe.

Comment

Wait, we have a 12h turn time!? Isn't that a little on the short side? I barely have time to log in once a day as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X