No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a frontier civ, Persia is fine with either a 12 hour or 24 hour timer.

Comment

• I declare War to France, just quick polite message story to follow later today

Edit: OOC: I was hurrying out and mislabled the warriors. I fix it later (if they still alive )
      Last edited by Netherlands (DoB); June 8, 2012, 12:47.
      "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Japan is equally satisfied with 12h and 24h turns.
        http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• OOC: Well​ played, France! (In reference to the Torino children post)

Comment

• nvm
            Last edited by Portugal (DoB); June 8, 2012, 18:20.

Comment

• I also am fine with 12 or 24 hours
              "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• If we switch back to 12 hours please give at least a few days notice and please don't do it over a weekend.

Comment

• OCC - I've watched my Indiana Jones - I know what's up.

Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
                  OOC: Loved the English rise of the barbarians story post. Made me lol.

Comment

• OOC: With 5 tribes at war with France (2 with troops in my lands), 3 more tribes (England, Norse, China) all publicly declared enemies of France, and another 3 tribes actively focussing espionage against France making them probable undeclared enemies, I reluctantly feel that I have to invoke the Defenders Measured War rule to remain viable against the forces allied against me. It is currently Turn 117 so all wars must end on turn 127.

Comment

• LOL, France, this is what I call strong appearance and standing out of the crowd
                      http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• How are the Norse publicly declared enemies of France? We just ignore your spy paranoia and call an aggression by its name when we see one. We still have a non aggression treaty with you and intend to honour it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
                          LOL, France, this is what I call strong appearance and standing out of the crowd
                          OOC: lol. At least this way I should never have any shortage of story plots! Besides all the good stories are about heroes facing overwhelming odds against evil villains. Fighting an alliance of genocidal slavers, what better plot could a story writer ask for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikings (DoB) View Post
                            How are the Norse publicly declared enemies of France? We just ignore your spy paranoia and call an aggression by its name when we see one. We still have a non aggression treaty with you and intend to honour it.
                            OOC: It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you!

I consider the following public statements by the Norse to be hostile in nature. Plus the fact that you have renewed applying espionage points against France of course.

The Norse people see the aggressive French politics in the south with sorrow. We do not condone threats or violence as answer to mere curiosity. We wholeheartly embrace the English proposal and invite all people to learn about our culture. We will not punish mere curiosity with threats and war, as long as we don't suffer from malevolent espionage missions. We will however react to real violence and threats with mistrust, even though they at the moment don't concern our own nation.

The French leader must have misinterpreted our message. No doubt, his galloping spy paranoia makes him see agents everywhere and obscures his judgement about the surrounding world.

The Norse people did not decry violence as a mean to enforce our interests, to help our allies, or as appropriate response to a military threat. The crux, however, lies in the word appropriate. We find the discussion about espionage point allocation petty, and consider declaring wars, overthrowing governments and hijacking labour forces over it inadequate. These points are given by the gods and can not be stopped, only redirected. We ask, who does the French leader think he is, that he refuses to accept his fair share of them? Is he somewhat better than every other leader?

The French have proven to be aggressive and have repeatedly ambushed their neighbours. This is no badmouthing, such are the facts on the table. So it is in everyone's best interest to carefully monitor their military strength. Allocating espionage points to such a neighbour is not only not an affront, but as it stands it's an absolute necessity.

Comment

• @ Everyone - Wow anyone beside me notice the cool new background today? Is this the Pantheon or what? Does anyone know? Whatever it is is d@mn cool

@ France - Way to use the rules, that's what they are there for I encourage everyone to do the same

@ Everyone - Remember to keep IC stuff in the Story thread (like for example, arguments about who is enemies with who, who honors their agreements and who doesent, and who has made hostile statements against who in the past)

Comment

• I posted some rule clarifications that folks were asking about. You can find them right after the Official rules, on the first page of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X