What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What?

I am trying to launch Civ IV on a Hewlett Packard desktop model p6710f running Win 7 64.

I am getting this error message:

Unable to start graphics engine due to improper system configuration. Make sure you have Internet Explorer 4 or higher installed on your machine.

Well, the two are clearly connected...

Comment

Try this:

TryMedia Error
      If rFactor won't start when you click on it, and you get a "trymedia" error then you have an issue with trymedia (rFactor license) and your system clock. To fix it:
      - open your Windows clock (in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen)
      - Change year to one forward and click apply.
      - Open rFactor game, it should start now.
      - When game is open go to the clock and change it back to current year, and press apply. It's fixed now.

Comment

here is one way to do it

Yeah I used to have a problem similar to this. Just go to your graphics card settings and turn on the performance to full capacity. Then right click on the shortcut or the game file and run as administrator and you should be good to go.

Comment

Sorry, I'm responding to an old post, but I recently got the same problem. I just want to ask if you have got the answer with this kind of problem. I'm hoping for your response. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat22 View Post
            I am trying to launch Civ IV on a Hewlett Packard desktop model p6710f running Win 7 64.

I am getting this error message:

Unable to start graphics engine due to improper system configuration. Make sure you have Internet Explorer 4 or higher installed on your machine.
            You should to change your browser to launch civ.

Comment

install display driver

Comment

Working...
              X