The Tim Tebow Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tim Tebow Debate

Trade Tebow and get Manning more weapons?

or

Keep Tebow and let him learn from the master and prepare to be Denver's QB of the Future?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

I think you trade him now while the hype is still fresh. I don't see how sitting on the bench for a few years will enhance his value. The last thing you want is looking to need him as his contract comes up.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Debate? I don't think there is one.

Tebow will be traded. Signing Peyton Manning is an all-in move.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That's assuming that the Broncos can get any real value for Tebow. At the end of the day, it may make more sense to keep him.

That's what the debate is for...is Tebow marketable enough? What is Denver's backup plan if Manning isn't fully ready or gets hurt? How many years can you really get from Manning? Can Tebow be made into the QB of the Future for the Broncos?

They did, afterall, trade up to get him...

Maybe there is no real debate, but these questions are worth pondering, don't you think?
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I hear Jacksonville wants him.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Manning will take a hit and be done. Tebow will be gone...somewhere. I'll rejoice. I've remembered why I had never liked Elway.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Elway: "Tebow has earned the right to be our starting quarterback when practice begins....uhhh, Peyton's available? Tebow has earned the right to be traded to a second rate team in which we will get little in return. "

Comment

Exactly. Always has been a man of honor.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I suspect it's Pat Bowlen who really drove this.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Not to sure about that. Doesn't he have some form of dementia? I thought he was out of running the team.

Comment

Yeah, that occurred to me. But it doesn't mean he can't tell Elway to go get Manning for him.
                      In fact, might make it more likely.

Comment

From what I read, its Elway driving this. It does really suck for Tebow. I think I'd keep him to be groomed by Payton. He'd likely be the best teacher Tebow could ever have.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If they cared about grooming Tebow, one would think Elway would be a pretty good teacher himself.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            If they cared about grooming Tebow, one would think Elway would be a pretty good teacher himself.
                            Maybe if he was still suiting up and attending daily working meetings and practices. I doubt Elway would have the time.

Comment

He might have had no choice if they didn't get Manning
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X