There WILL be a SimCity 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There WILL be a SimCity 5

Please, for the love of God, do not **** this up.

A set of seven leaked images assumed to be concept art for SimCity 5 have surfaced today, along with rumors indicating that the game is 30% of the way through development, and will be released in 2013.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Cartoonization is getting popular in strategy games for some reason.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Likely due to graphics getting close to the uncanny valley.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Looks like a really high rez SC3000 especially the water/beach. I always sorta like how that verison looked don't know why really.

That being said I won't believe it until it comes and I won't buy until the simcity community gives it the thumbs up (managed to avoid the train wreck that was societies that way).
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Oh, and most of the images are just concept art. Maybe the actual game will be less cartoony?

Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Reticulating splines.

Comment

Sounds great, can't wait to see a new SimCity game...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Am I the only one who builds a city, rebuilds it, rebuilds it, agonizing over equal-sized blocks, appropriate coverage, stupid ugly power lines, rebuild again, and then finally build half a city that I can live with only to get bored at the game?

That's me in every Simcity, Tropico, Impressions, Tilted Mill, Anno, etc. game.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If this turns out like Civ V, I will die of depression.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

SimCity 4, with the expansion, and some choice transportation mods (NAM, I think it was called), was perhaps the most compulsively playable game I've ever experienced, outside of the usual Civ/SMAC suspects.

It is a lot to live up to. Probably not a day one purchase, I'd wait to see what the community could do to mod things, but damn... I have been itching for a true city builder. CitiesXL had promise, but fell woefully short.

Comment

It's been nine years since SimCity 4 was released so they sure took their time about it. Still, I've been a fan of this series since it came out and will buy it if they make it.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There's a trailer on their website and probably some information... didn't read it yet

Explore SimCityâ„¢ video games from Electronic Arts, a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles and mobile.
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

If the video gives hints to the actual gameplay, it will be very futuristic ...
                          looks really nice
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Will it require Origin?
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Almost certainly.

Comment

Working...
                              X