Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume so as well ...
    the only question for me is,
    if EA will dare to introduce a "Sim City 5 Shop", analogous to the "Sims 3" and "Mass Effect 3" shop,
    where the player will have to spend real money to buy new maps and new building types
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Not sure what you're driving at here. DLC is everywhere, for every game, and it is entirely optional.

Really don't understand gamers getting wound up over this.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I agree,
        but the one problem I have is with the agressive in game promotion that EA doesn with regards to its DLC...
        I don´t know about Mass Effect 3, but in "The Sims 3" you always have in game attempts to get the player to go to the store and order some of the premium content there (if you want to outfit your sim or buy any new items for the house, for example, you would always have the first few slots be filled with premium content that can be unlocked [for money] within the store) or to lure players to the social networks page of Sims 3 (of which the store is a part of)

The other change for a negative, if I compare Sims 2 and Sims 3, is, that it also seems to negatively affect the amount of items you get with the base game and its expansions (with other words, the number of items contained with the vanilla base game/expansions seem to get fewer (while prices for vanilla/EPs stay the same or even get more expensive) and instead much of the stuff has to be bought via the store.

So, with other words, I am a little bit afraid that, with EA typical aggressive marketing of additional DLCs, many of the building types that were free in Sim City 4 will have to be bought separately (and that each build menu would, in first place, would list 4-5 buildings that can be bought via the store, before listing building types that you really can build)
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 11, 2012, 13:46.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Here's a nice information video I found about SimCity 5:

Insider's Look at the new Glassbox engine powering the next SimCity game. SimCity Gameplay Lead Dan Moskowitz describes the concepts of Resources, Units, Ma...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Enhancing buildings with added parts ... each building/-part has its own rules ...
            sounds great (and more complex than Sim City 4) ...
            hopefully they keep it complex and don´t water it down (to the mental level of ordinary users)
            and hopefully it does run on normal computer and doesn´t require a PetaFLOP supercomputer to run

Comment

Also... multiplayer:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                Will it require Origin?
                Only the collectors edition.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Seems like SIm City can be preordered now on Origin ...
                  according to the store it is the SimCity Digital Deluxe Edition (with 3 additional map sets) that is only be sold via Origin, while the Limited edition might be available elsewhere (probably from Impulse/GameStop I assume).
                  (I have no doubts however that all versions require the installation of Origin for DRM purposes)

Explore SimCityâ„¢ video games from Electronic Arts, a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles and mobile.

But I have to say that EA has gotten really greedy nowadays ...
                  first ME3 with prices around 75 €
                  and now Sim City, which is on preorder for ~70€ (Limited edition) or ~75€ (Digital deluxe edition)

Well, one thing´s for sure, you will never see me spending so much money for a single game, even if it looks as good as Sim City or ME3 ...
                  I´ll think about buying it, if it has sunken to more reasonable prices around 35 € or less
                  Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 23, 2012, 03:44.

Comment

Well, I normally try to avoid the greedy folk at EA, but it will be hard for me to pass this up if it's any good, i.e. just as long as it's not a repeat of Societies. But since this is being made my Maxis itself (and not Tilted Mill or whoever else), I'm optimistic for now.

Heck, if it turns out half as good as SimCity 4 it will still be a fine product; that game's been around for 9 years and I still play it semi-regularly.

Comment

Heh, Civ5 is easily half as good as Civ4.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Always-on DRM. **** you, EA.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I have read differing acounts with regards to "always online"...
                          in one it says that you only have to be online if you want to sell/buy resources to some kind of "global market"
                          and that aside from this, you only have to login at your (first?) start

Maybe we´ll get clearer informations oer the next weeks...
                          one thing seems to be absolutely clear however ...
                          Origin has to be installed and you need an Origin account (even if you don´t buy it via Origin)

(well, everytime I hear "Origin" I have to think about the holy book of the Ori in SG-1 and about the fact that the Ori were the biggest evil in the Stargate universe )

Comment

I agree there must be a Sim City 5

Comment

I still play Sim City 4,

Comment

I saw a nice articvle about a New Sim City game but I hope they leave out all that extra crap (streets of City) and stuff that were in 4

Comment

Working...
                                X