Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Ethical to Program an Intelligent Robot So that it Will Want to Be Your Love Slave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Ethical to Program an Intelligent Robot So that it Will Want to Be Your Love Slave?

This was, of course, always the real question.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Yes, it will say "yes" to sex so obviously it's okay.

Comment

Is this the thread were I get the clues to find "Cherry 2000?"
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
        Is this the thread were I get the clues to find "Cherry 2000?"
        I've got it on VHS.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

It's ethical as long as a certain percentage of them have AIDS and/or can become pregnant so that businesses selling condoms aren't destroyed...

Comment

As long as you don't ever try to give it a transvaginal ultrasound.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

About as ethical as killing all the blue cows on the moon.
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                About as ethical as killing all the blue cows on the moon.
                The Nazis did that as soon as they got there.

Comment

Hey, don't spoil Iron Sky you ****ing asshole
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

As I said in the other thread, it's the first essential step in the evolution of our glorious post-human future.
                    Last edited by Dr Strangelove; March 5, 2012, 09:33.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Wasn't this ethical issue already raised on Archer?
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Is it ethical not to program an intelligent robot to become a love slave?

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Isn't there a lot of Japanese anime/manga about the biological equivalent?

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'd say it has a lot to do with how you're making love to the robot. If you're just spraying semen on/in it or having it bugger you with its penis/fist/tentacle attachment then even a free-willed intelligent robot might not consider this to be a violation - hell, they might not consider it to be a violation to replace their arms and legs with gargantuan dildos, because they don't necessarily know the difference between having "normal" limbs and dildo limbs. Similarly, if a free-willed intelligent robot sent its reproductive code into your brain with its wifi antenna then you wouldn't know or care that the robot is mating with you (unless it overdid it and gave you a brain tumor, or unless you have a wifi antenna attached to your brain).

If on the other hand you made an electronic copy of your brain, then converted this into reproductive code, then forcibly uploaded this reproductive code to the robot (forcing the robot to temporarily partition its brain so that your electronic offspring can mature inside of the robot), then this might be tantamount to robot rape.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Clearly, someone who has thought way too much about this sort of thing.....
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X