on the relative merits of the Harbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the relative merits of the Harbor

i don't really see the point in using this building unless one has at least two sea resources. the ability to connect to a trade network is really only useful if you've got a city on an island.

thoughts?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

If your city is more than about 6 tiles away from any of your other cities, then building and maintaining the Harbor can be cheaper than building and maintaining a road to the city--remember, all roads controlled by you cost gold per turn.
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Also : harbor = insta railroad.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

interesting point, dannubis, but not building the road still hinders mobility, does it not? though, most of your units are out to pasture anyway...
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

i jsut build every building , it just fun.,...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The lighthouse is even worse. At least the harbor connects your city.

Mike

Comment

Since both of these improvements seem to be of low utility compared to their cost to build, I think that we should combine them into a single improvement--a harbor that connects trade, enhances sea resources, and gives +1 food to all water tiles. A mod for this would be simple enough.
              Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Not a bad idea at all.

Comment

so when you harbour a fugitive ??????
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin View Post
                    Since both of these improvements seem to be of low utility compared to their cost to build, I think that we should combine them into a single improvement--a harbor that connects trade, enhances sea resources, and gives +1 food to all water tiles. A mod for this would be simple enough.
                    Most the buildings in the game are fairly high cost and low utility. There are plenty that should be combined.

Comment

Working...
                    X