Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

In the words of Jrabbit...
    I think we've reached the point where a new thread is called for. Let's put 2011 to bed.
    I agree... the old thread can be found at:

And consider this the new one.

Last discussion was on the Rams trading the 2nd overall pick in this years draft.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I think the Bears should sign TO.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
      I think the Bears should sign TO.
      I think the Bears should sign TO and Randy Moss.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Sadly, that would be an upgrade. And if they also got some line help, probably a big upgrade...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah signing old vets like Roy worked out really well for DA BEARS
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Yeah signing old vets like Roy worked out really well for DA BEARS
            Roy Williams is trash. He hadn't had a good season since 2006. 2006. And that was his only good season of his career. He's averaged less than 50 yards per game over his 9 freaking year career.

I know Randy Moss and TO have been out of the league for a year but those guys are on a whole different level than Roy Williams. EVERYONE knew Roy Williams was garbage. Everyone outside of Chicago, that is.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Trust us, WE knew that in Chicago. It only took a couple that didn't. AND WE KNOW WHO THEY WERE. That and the drug dealer. Another excellent vet.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The drug dealer fooled a lot of people, dating back to college.

Roy Williams didn't fool anyone -- except Martz and Angelo.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Lot of good free agents at the WR position who I would much rather see than TO or Moss. Dwayne Bowe (although I've seen rumors that they may tag him), Vincent Jackson and Marques Colston to name a few. We will know more on March 5th.
                  Last edited by Demonbinder; February 28, 2012, 19:25.

Comment

Colston? Don't hold your breath.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Don't get your hopes up on Vincent Jackson. Even if he goes to Chicago, he's not elite and he's definitely not consistent. Chicago needs consistency from that position.

Comment

Maybe not worth the dollars he will command, but see above re: upgrade.

Cutler badly needs a big body to throw to. Size is almost more important than speed in this case, and VJax has that.
                        What the Bears DON'T need is another 5-11 slot guy.

Comment

AMEN BROTHER
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            What about a 5'10" one?

The Eagles are open to listening to trade offers for wide receiver DeSean Jackson, according to league sources.

Comment

And what would the bears have to give up for that? They currently have more extra money to burn than extra talent. SO FA or the Draft makes more sense for them.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X