No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it? 4 players? What happened to the wide spread rot of paying for injuries? Did no one collect any of the money being offered up?

Comment

• Evidently they just punished the leaders.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
        The only source I can find for the Seau story is TMZ. I hope it's not true.
        Unfortunately, it seems like it is true. At least police are investigating it as such. Gunshot wound to chest and gun found nearby but no mention of any note yet. Very sad - if true, it's too bad he couldn't or wouldn't try to seek some help. It seem like we are going to hear more of these in the future.

Comment

• He's now the 8th death from the 1994 Chargers team.

(linebacker David Griggs, running back Rodney Culver, linebacker Doug Miller, center Curtis Whitley, defensive end Chris Mims, defensive tackle Shawn Lee and linebacker Lew Bush)
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
            Unfortunately, it seems like it is true. At least police are investigating it as such. Gunshot wound to chest and gun found nearby but no mention of any note yet. Very sad - if true, it's too bad he couldn't or wouldn't try to seek some help. It seem like we are going to hear more of these in the future.
            Just last month, a former Falcons safety committed suicide with a gunshot to the chest.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Depression is a sad thing.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                Depression is a sad thing.
                Especially when its the result of a neurological condition caused by concussions. That hasn't been confirmed in either case but we saw it with Dave Duerson.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Linebackers are sort of mess-up from the start anyway.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Especially when its the result of a neurological condition caused by concussions. That hasn't been confirmed in either case but we saw it with Dave Duerson.
                    Lets not jump to conclusions. Even mentioning suicide and concussions as being related is irresponsible.

Comment

• Repeated concussions and clinical depression has already been linked. Clinical depression and suicide have also been linked. While it is not the case with eveybody: concussion --> depression --> suicide is not only logical, it is also highly probable.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Did they end up studying Benoit's brain? I remember it was assumed that's what happened but don't recall if there was actual autopsy data. I know there were studies on Andre Waters and Duerson that were pretty conclusive.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Terrell Suggs tears achilles, may be out for season.

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                          Did they end up studying Benoit's brain? I remember it was assumed that's what happened but don't recall if there was actual autopsy data. I know there were studies on Andre Waters and Duerson that were pretty conclusive.
                          Yes.
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• So when is prize fighting going to be illegal? Concussions in football are one thing because at least they have helmets, concussions are an unfortunate byproduct of the sport, and the NFL is taking it seriously... in boxing, the POINT is to knock someone out!

Comment

• Boxing is dangerous, yes; but the velocity and weight of a glove pales in comparison.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Boxing is dangerous, yes; but the velocity and weight of a glove pales in comparison.
                                The glove isn't the problem; it's the average of 776lbs of force behind it that's the problem. Per punch.

There's a reason why pugilistic dementia was first described as far back as 1928. All the stuff the NFL is discovering now has been known about boxing for nearly a century.

Boxing is worse. The only positive is boxers only fight maybe 1 or 2 fights a year.
                                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 3, 2012, 17:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X