No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know. They are usually all over that phase of the draft.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Easterbrook brought up a good point about the Redskins:

In the two years since Mike Shanahan took the reins, the Redskins have traded or spent three first-round draft picks, two second-rounders and two fourth-rounders on quarterbacks.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• He won't stop trying until he finds a reasonable facsimile of John Elway. It's the only way he knows to win.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Redskins are idiots. Trade the farm for RG3, then with all their needs, take yet another QB.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            The Redskins are idiots. Trade the farm for RG3, then with all their needs, take yet another QB.
            Another Heath Shuler/Gus Frerotte?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              The Redskins are idiots. Trade the farm for RG3, then with all their needs, take yet another QB.
              With Rex "I kept my turnovers down to 25 in 13 games" Grossman on the roster, backup QB IS a need.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Yep. I was going to post something along that line also, but Cold beat me to it.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not really. Rex is fine for a backup QB. Do you really think if Griffin goes down, Cousins will come in and be any better than Grossman? The problem with a rookie is now the coaching staff has to develop two guys.

Comment

• Cousins = clipboard + scout team. I don't see a problem.
                    But I agree with Sloww that it was a wasted pick.

Comment

• By next season, RGIII Sr will be out of Washington and Cousins will be the backup and already looking to sign on with another team.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Redskins cut Gaffney and Texans cut Jacoby Jones. Gaffney had a career year and led the Redskins.

Browns and Jaguars would be my guess for landing destinations.

Matt Leinart reunites with Palmer in San Diego.

Comment

• Junior Seau may have committed suicide. You heard it here first.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The only source I can find for the Seau story is TMZ. I hope it's not true.
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Saints/Bounty/Players/etc.
                                The NFL suspended four players Wednesday for their roles in the New Orleans Saints' bounty system, including linebacker Jonathan Vilma for the entire 2012 season.

In addition to Vilma, defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove (now with the Green Bay Packers) was suspended eight games, defensive Will Smith four games and linebacker Scott Fujita (now with the Cleveland Browns) three games.

All of the suspensions are without pay.

All four player suspensions will be appealed, according to an NFL source, who told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, "get ready for a massive multiple legal battle over this on several fronts."

Each of the four suspended players declined the chance to meet with the NFL over its findings, and also declined to send someone to argue on their behalf, league sources told Schefter. As one NFL source said, "They took the Fifth Amendment."

The NFL Players Association released a statement Wednesday afternoon saying it still hasn't received "any detailed or specific evidence from the league of these specific players' involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program."

"We have made it clear that punishment without evidence is not fair. We have spoken with our players and their representatives and we will vigorously protect and pursue all options on their behalf," the NFLPA said.

League sources told Schefter that the NFLPA never recommended any discipline in the case.

The players' appeals will be heard by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"No bounty program can exist without active player participation," Goodell said in the league's statement announcing the penalties. "The evidence clearly showed that the players being held accountable today willingly and enthusiastically embraced the bounty program. Players put the vast majority of the money into this program and they share responsibility for playing by the rules and protecting each other within those rules."

The suspended players, except for Vilma, are allowed to take part in their teams' offseason and preseason activities. Vilma's suspension begins immediately and will end after the Super Bowl.

The NFL cited specific evidence against the four players in its ruling:

• The league said Fujita pledged "a significant amount of money" to the bounty program.

• Hargrove submitted a signed declaration to the NFL not only that the program existed, but that he was an active participant. In addition, the NFL said that Hargrove told at least one player on another team that former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was a target in the 2009 NFC Championship Game and that Hargrove obstructed the league's investigation in 2010 when he wasn't truthful with investigators.

• Smith, according to the NFL, helped former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams create and fund the bounty pool when he was a captain of the defense.

• Vilma is alleged to have helped Williams create and fund the program. Also, the NFL said Vilma pledged $10,000 in cash to any Saints player who knocked former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner out of the 2009 divisional playoff game involving the teams and then repeated the pledge for Favre for the NFC title game.

Warner was among several former and current NFL players to react on social media to the NFL's ruling.

"Just saw player suspensions from "bounty gate", WOW! #fb," Warner posted on Twitter.Saints backup quarterback Chase Daniel tweeted that Vilma found out about his suspension by watching ESPN's "SportsCenter" and not from the league itself.

Daniel's tweet: "I was standing right next 2 @jonvilma51 when he found out abt his suspension ON @SportsCenter. Really? He has to find out about it that way?"

Meanwhile, Saints running back Mark Ingram tweeted that the suspensions will only prove to motivate New Orleans.

"Don't worry they just makin us hungrier and puttin a bigger chip on or shoulder!! #WHODATNATION will rise above it!! #believedat," he wrote.

The NFL also sent a memo to its teams Wednesday in which Goodell "re-emphasized that any program of non-contract bonuses, however it is characterized, is a violation of league rules" and outlined specific steps it expected players and coaches to complete to ensure bounties are not practiced in the league.

The Saints seemingly had been bracing for the loss of Vilma, bolstering their linebacker corps through free agency. Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne were among the team's signings this offseason.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X