X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    He won't be.
    As a fan, I must hope.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      He won't be.
      I thought he was going to be solid and going to an okay team like the Redskins would help him, even though he'd be getting destroyed by the best pass-rushers in the league (the Giants' group, Cole/Babin, Ware)... but by giving up so many picks, the Redskins are insuring that they won't be able to get top talent around him. That doesn't bode well.

At this point, though, he still will be going into a better situation than Andrew Luck is.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• COlts are doing a complete overhaul. Dallas Clark, Addai ?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          COlts are doing a complete overhaul. Dallas Clark, Addai ?
          Exactly. Donald Brown at RB and who exactly at WR? Austin Collie as WR1? It looks like an ugly offense for a rookie QB to go to.

At least Robert Griffin has Santana Moss, Fred Davis, and that stable of RB's.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• How crazy would it be if Luck passed on the NFL completely.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Unlikely, but I would laugh my ass off.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                How crazy would it be if Luck passed on the NFL completely.
                The Colts would grab Robert Griffin and the Redskins would be screwed? Ryan Tannehill going second overall?

Although the Browns are now being talked about as a landing spot for Tannehill. I don't know if they should reach like that. Their offense is really lacking and they have an advantage of picks from that Falcons trade last year... I think they should ride Colt McCoy until they bring in more talent. If Colt, who hasn't gotten a fair shake, develops, great; if not, then they draft a rookie QB in a year or two after they have already built an offense around him. Coaches and GM's are always scared to do this, though, and with HC Pat Shurmur already on the hotseat after one year in Cleveland, looks like that staff will be looking for the 'need to develop a rookie QB' excuse.

Which brings it back to Washington. The leeway that the Shanahans have gotten really made it seem like they were looking to develop the team then bring in a QB. They sort of did that but then gave up all those picks for RG3, which defeats the purpose of that strategy! Maybe Shanahan knows he's on the hotseat or the draft situation forced him to move up to get RG3 because he didn't care for Ryan Tannehill.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 12, 2012, 14:21.

Comment

• OTOH, they weren't going anywhere in that division with Sexy Rexy at the helm...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hail to the Redskins!

We explained an hour ago that there has been talk of the NFL taking action against teams that deliberately dumped salaries into the uncapped year of 2010.

The two primary violators were the Cowboys and Redskins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Per Schefter, the league will punish the teams by removing millions in cap dollars.

How many millions? Schefter reports that the Cowboys will lose more than $10 million — and that the Redskins will lose $36 million.
                    It would be hilarious if RGIII now pulled an Eli and said he wasn't going. I wouldn't blame him, though.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• The Washington Redskins have released safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, saying an early goodbye to one of their big free agent signings from last year.
                      Typical Redskins. Their biggest FA signing last year gets cut already.

Comment

• Chad Ocho taking his date out:

Comment

• I just heard from 670theScore that the Bears are looking like the landing spot for Mario Williams.

If they do that they would have the best bookends for D-line in the NFL. Melton and Izzy would also get a huge boost cause offenses would almost need to double both ends. Would also help the Bears secondary as QBs would have much time to throw.

God that sounds awesome.
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Sounds like something straight outta the "too good to be true" playbook.

That would be a HUGE investment in the DE position.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                              I just heard from 670theScore that the Bears are looking like the landing spot for Mario Williams.

If they do that they would have the best bookends for D-line in the NFL. Melton and Izzy would also get a huge boost cause offenses would almost need to double both ends. Would also help the Bears secondary as QBs would have much time to throw.

God that sounds awesome.
                              What happened to upgrading the offensive line and WR corps? Sure about all that money going to the DE's?

Someone asked this to John Clayton:

Q: Do you think there is a chance that the [Chicago] Bears go after Mario Williams to start opposite Julius Peppers? I think the addition of Williams could help the defense by not having the linebackers and cornerbacks blitz the quarterback so much on passing downs, considering there are enough open holes on the field when the Bears are in the Tampa 2 defense.

John in Naperville, Ill.

A: In the salary-cap era, I can't see a team paying two defensive ends $14 million a year. Although it looks great on paper, it doesn't work well for the capologists, particularly in the early part of a new CBA that has flat caps. Sure, you can structure a deal that can work for a year or two, but the big numbers at one position eventually catch up to a team. A Cover 2 team can do great when it has two pass-rushers, but it would be hard to feature the two highest-paid ends in the league and still take care of other positions.

Comment

• Oh, I know the offense and my boy Cutler would suffer, but it would be damn fun watching Rodgers and Stafford run for their lives on every play.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X