NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
    Yet another thing to go on the list of nefarious deeds perpetrated by the Dallas Cowboys.
    I saw the play, it's age that got him, five years ago he would have blown up the run, but now he only got his arms on him, briefly.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Wow, talk about a tale of two halves...

I actually missed the Denver comeback because -- well, 24-0 Bolts at halftime. Bizarre.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yep, Norv should be gone. Coached his last game for the Chargers. Sayonara Norv.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Finally. The Norv Turner era is over. Thank God. Thank God almighty.
          I'm thinking a contract extension is in the works.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• This curse of Marty is pretty fierce.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• What happened last night that makes you think Norv is out? It's not like he's the one who gave up two defensive TDs, threw 4 INTs and lost two fumbles.

That would be Mr. Rivers.

Don't get me wrong; I think Norv Turner has proven himself to be a mediocre-or-worse head coach. But the Chargers are still in first place, and one game does not a season make.

BTW, I love the fact that the entire AFC East stands tied at 3-3. Can anyone else remember that ever happening before?
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BTW, I love the fact that the entire AFC East stands tied at 3-3. Can anyone else remember that ever happening before?
                Last year when everyone in the AFC West nearly went 8-8? The Chiefs went all the way to game 15 before they were eliminated from the playoffs with their 9th loss.

Comment

• I didn't ask about "nearly" the same records.

Comment

• BTW, I love the fact that the entire AFC East stands tied at 3-3. Can anyone else remember that ever happening before?
                    8-8 >>>> 3-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      I didn't ask about "nearly" the same records.
                      Seriously, Ben. Reading comprehension.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Not really a surprising development.

CHICAGO -- Mike Holmgren won't be finishing the job he went to do in Cleveland.

New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam III said Tuesday that Holmgren was out as team president, although the Super Bowl-winning coach will remain with the franchise to help in the transition.
                        Haslam plans no other personnel changes before 2013, meaning the jobs of coach Pat Shurmur and his staff and general manager Tom Heckert appear safe.
                        New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, whose takeover of the team was officially approved Tuesday, named Joe Banner the team's CEO/president and announced that current president Mike Holmgren will retire at the end of the season.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• And another "not really a surprising development": Bears release Chris Williams and now only one Angelo first round pick left on roster.

Comment

• Actually, I'm pretty surprised. He was OK at guard last year and O-linemen don't just grow on trees.
                            I expect he'll catch on with another team.

Comment

• Such a persistent spammer... and all for a blog post about raw food for pomeranians???
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Eagles looking good this week. No turnovers.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X