No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Who Dat" friends are squealing like stuck pigs.

One guy in particular is hilarious because he thought Belichick should have been banned for life for Spycamgate. Now he thinks Payton is being scapegoated unfairly.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Bountygate punishments have been meted out...
      Goodell ain't playing around. I'm happy with the results though.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Merrill Hoge is praising RG3. He's saying he's better than Luck on almost every measure.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• There's one person that I want to see and rub his nose in his precious Saints mess.

I'd rather Tebow had gone to Jacksonville.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Merrill Hoge is praising RG3. He's saying he's better than Luck on almost every measure.
            He is aping Skip Bayless in trolling fans.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Unusually quiet in recent weeks, the New York Jets shattered the calm Wednesday by completing a trade for polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow.
              The Jets sent two picks -- a fourth-rounder and sixth-rounder in 2012 -- to the Denver Broncos in exchange for a seventh-round selection.
              BWA-HAHahahahaha!

Can't wait for press conferences with Rex and Tim. Actually, screw football - just run it as a two man show on Broadway.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Jets front office doesn't know how to read a contract so the whole thing might be nixed, but we can hope.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Looks like athletes could learn a lesson from Robert Downey, Jr.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• nm. Tebow thread
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Man, my Who-Dat friends are totally up in arms. Like psycho-b1tch crazy.
                    Like they never considered the possibility that every freaking prediction written about the outcome of this thing might be true.

Meanwhile, the commish went on NFL Network and basically said the league's investigation was lied to consistently over the past couple years.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• In other news, the law firm of Ben, Jarvus, Green & Ellis is relocating to Cincinnati. 3-year deal.

Comment

• So do the Saints fire Sean Payton? They probably have a clause in the contract that will let them without much penalty.

Haven't seen ESPN or anyone talk about this but I think it's a definite possibility.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        In other news, the law firm of Ben, Jarvus, Green & Ellis is relocating to Cincinnati. 3-year deal.
                        From one crappy RB to another...

Comment

• I'd fire him. I don't like liars. They lie about one thing, then they're lying about other things.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            In other news, the law firm of Ben, Jarvus, Green & Ellis is relocating to Cincinnati. 3-year deal.
                            Sorry to see him go, but "steady" probably isn't worth $5m/yr at this point (haven't seen it online, but apparently it's being reported that way locally). Though I do think that never having to worry about fumbling is a valuable trait.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Good-bye, Marion Barbarian. You single-handedly lost two games for the Bears with bone-headed moves (illegal formation vs KC, failure to stay in bounds vs Denver), and this is the result...

Bears agreed to terms with RB Michael Bush on a four-year, $14 million contract.

This should expedite Marion Barber's release, a move that would free up $1.7 million in cap space. Bush's addition also gives the Bears significant leverage in contract talks with unsigned franchise player Matt Forte. Even if Forte threatens a holdout, the Bears can sit comfortably with a starting-caliber back under contract, and Kahlil Bell at No. 2 on the depth chart. Bush isn't a dynamic runner, but he's got quick feet for his size and is a bull to bring down. He's also an adept receiver and pass blocker. Bush's addition may cut into Forte's 2012 fantasy value. He's definitely a candidate for short-yardage and goal-line work.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
                              Mar 22 - 11:52 AM
                              I'd rather they signed an O-lineman with that money and pony up a fair deal for Forte, but I'll give the new GM benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

• Warren Sapp accuses Jeremy Shockey of being the Bounty Snitch.

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X