NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
    Oh, I know why, but when NE paid $6m for Ocho last year and this year you see guys like Meachem getting $6.5m/yr or even Reggie Wayne's dessicated corpse at just under $6m/yr, that seems like more than just a minor discount. They paid for Lloyd about what Eddie Royal got. $4m/yr for a guy that led the league in receiving with Orton throwing to him two years ago?
    The Boston Globe reported that the Pats were interested in Reggie Wayne before he re-signed with Indy. Maybe he wanted a bit more money than the Pats were willing to give.

So they got Lloyd for peanuts.

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 17, 2012, 22:45.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Mario Manningham signs with San Francisco. Just a 2-year deal.

Also -- QBs Alex Smith and David Garrard have lined up visits to Miami this week. It is thought that Miami really wants Matt Flynn, but doesn't want to pay him top dollar.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins.

Guess Peyton is going to San Fran.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Seems like it, except Manning's on the record saying he prefers to stay in the AFC. SF is in a tough spot, as they are the only team involved without a signed fallback option at QB.

I think it's still a 3-team race (SF, TN, Den).
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Seems like it, except Manning's on the record saying he prefers to stay in the AFC. SF is in a tough spot, as they are the only team involved without a signed fallback option at QB.

I think it's still a 3-team race (SF, TN, Den).
            It looks like whoever doesn't get Peyton is going to be giving flowers and a box of chocolates to the spurned starter

SF is the best team of the bunch and they've built a really nice squad with Randy Moss, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, and now Manningham.

I guess the signed fallback will be Colin Kaepernick. He was a 2nd round pick so he has potential and I'm not sure he couldn't fill Alex Smith's not exactly big shoes.

Comment

• I wouldn't call Kaepernick a fallback; more like a desperation option. He's untested and inexperienced. Not exactly what you want if you're targeting a Super Bowl appearance.

Comment

• How bad can Kaepernick be? I really don't know but if Alex Smith could lead the 49ers to the NFC championship game, I'm not sure it matters much who plays QB for them, as long as the QB doesn't give the game away.

Anyway, David Garrard is still out there. He visited the Dolphins.

I don't know what the Dolphins are doing. Are they really planning to have Alex Smith or David Garrard as their starting QB? What happened to drafting someone and letting Matt Moore start until they switch to the rookie? Since the Dolphins can't get Peyton or Matt Flynn, why are they looking for a low-tier QB who is no better than who they already have in Moore?

Here's the comparison. Moore played 3 less games with a less talented team but did comparable:

QB Games Yards Comp. % TDs INTs Rating
                Moore 13 2,497 60.5 16 9 87.1
                Smith 16 3,144 61.3 17 5 90.7

Also, Matt Flynn signed with the Seahawks.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 18, 2012, 18:06.

Comment

• Loving Matt Flynn with the Seahawks. Too bad we had to do stupid things to get there.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    Loving Matt Flynn with the Seahawks. Too bad we had to do stupid things to get there.
                    Maybe he'll be like another Green Bay backup that went to Seattle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Maybe he'll be like another Green Bay backup that went to Seattle?
                      Here's hoping.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Grossman mentoring RG3...
                        "Okay, RG3 2, I've been looking over your college stats and I have to say they're very impressive. Your only shortcoming is in the INT category; but don't worry, I can help you with that."
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            "Okay, RG3 2, I've been looking over your college stats and I have to say they're very impressive. Your only shortcoming is in the INT category; but don't worry, I can help you with that."
                            "...but the rest of the time there's nothing you can do because the ball is just so ridiculously over-sized that's it's impossible to grip."
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'm not sure it matters much who plays QB for them, as long as the QB doesn't give the game away.
                              As a Chicago fan for many decades, this is not something you want to have to hear all the time.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                                "...but the rest of the time there's nothing you can do because the ball is just so ridiculously over-sized that's it's impossible to grip."
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X