Romney-Paul Tag Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney-Paul Tag Team

I take it no one saw the debate and the way Romney and Paul tag-teamed Santorum.

"You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they've got going together," Santorum told reporters in the spin room in Mesa, Arizona. "Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks."

Santorum's top strategist John Brabender went even further, charging that the two men had "joined forces" and were coordinating attacks against his man

"Clearly there's a tag team strategy between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. For all I know, Mitt Romney might be considering Ron Paul as his running mate. Clearly there is now an alliance between those two and you saw that certainly in the debate."
    When Ron Paul's name was announced at the start of the debate, Romney got giddy. Something was up...

Can't embed. ABC News report:

Thoughts? A Romney-Paul ticket would probably be silly but is an endorsement in the works?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

No, they just both have a shared interest in attacking Santorum's claims of being a "true conservative".

Comment

No, I can easily see a Romney-Paul ticket.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No, there's not a Romney-Paul ticket. I just think Paul knows that he isn't going to win, and wants to be Romney's wingman because Romney's the best of the other three. Paul has been tag teaming with Romney since New Hampshire.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Joe Scarborough has been talking about this for a few days. Ron Paul reportedly almost never attacks Romney and all of his attack ads have been aimed instead at the flavor of the month "not Romney". I imagine either 1) Paul has worked out some deal with Romney where he or his son get some sort of choice seat in the Romney administration or 2) Paul hopes if he politically kills all the other not Romneys they'll eventually have to make him the not Romney. Fat chance of either really.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            No, they just both have a shared interest in attacking Santorum's claims of being a "true conservative".
            But Paul did the same thing to Perry, to black Walnut, to Gingrich, and now to "Frothy" Santorum.

Comment

Maybe Paul wants influence in the convention or in the administration?

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I also get tired of Ron Paul gibbering nonsense about the gold standard while "conservatives" claim we should all dump T-bills because, you know, the evil communist dictator of America is supposedly going to cause hyper inflation. Want to know what investment beat gold last year? T-bills.

In a year where Bill Gross fled bonds and goldbugs kept up their chirping, investment in U.S. bonds paid off better than gold

Comment

This. Both have the same loathing of social con aspect being the emphasis of the party.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    But Paul did the same thing to Perry, to black Walnut, to Gingrich, and now to "Frothy" Santorum.
                    Of course he did. How does that contradict what I said?

Comment

True... Paul is the only not-Romney who hasn't tried to out-social-conservative Romney.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Which makes sense, as he doesn't have to. Nobody doubts he's out there in anti-gay, anti-abortion territory.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That's not Paul's schtick though. He may be any of those things, but he doesn't think the federal government needs be involved, which social conservatives aren't a fan of.

Another rumor is that Romney may be interested in RAND Paul for VP... so may as well get on good side to push that choice.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nothing to do with the thread but I usually wear contacts but the glasses I have are the same frames that Santorum wears:

Froth!
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Another rumor is that Romney may be interested in RAND Paul for VP... so may as well get on good side to push that choice.
                              I seriously doubt it. Conventional wisdom is that the short list is Marco Rubio, Bob McDonnell and Chris Christie in that order of likelihood.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X