Get Axi a job 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Axi a job 2012

I don't know his employment situation, but it couldn't hurt to buy things made in Greece for a while.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Is there anything made in Greece? I've read the high exchange rate for the Euro combined with Greece's wrongly priced Drachma to Euro exchange rate when they joined the Euro zone worked out to kill most Greek manufacturing. They just priced the Drachma too high when they entered into the Euro zone and that priced Greek labor out of most markets. Why pay German level wages to get tiny Greek productivity when you can get German level productivity at the same price?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Grapes and olives, for two.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, and so does every country in North Africa, the middle east, and many others besides. Sorry but those other countries all sell produce cheaper and that has to hurt Greece exports.

Comment

Comment

I really like this part of the sales pitch:

Operating in the exploding, yet underserved, Greek segment of the ethnic food market

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Grapes and olives, for two.
              3. Yiros

Comment

I used to love stopping at the Mad Greek restaurant halfway between L.A. and Las Vegas. The town had absolutely nothing going for it other then a giant Greek Restaurant (really a truck stop), a couple of gas stations, and "the world's biggest thermometer". No, really, they had a giant thermometer on the side of the road.

Comment

Baker

It may not seem like much, but it's a lot better than everything else around it...

Comment

4. Really sweet wine.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

5. The only REAL Feta cheese.

...they passed that law, right?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Ouzo...so they can drown their sorrows. They've got a lot of those.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Tragedy.

Comment

they are doomed

Antonopoulos and his partners spent hours collecting papers from tax offices, the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the municipal service where the company is based, the health inspector’s office, the fire department and banks. At the health department, they were told that all the shareholders of the company would have to provide chest X-rays, and, in the most surreal demand of all, stool samples.

Once they climbed the crazy mountain of Greek bureaucracy and reached the summit, they faced the quagmire of the bank, where the issue of how to confirm the credit card details of customers ended in the bank demanding that the entire website be in Greek only, including the names of the products.
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Crazy stuff re Greek Bureaucracy... I wonder how Markos did it.

I can confirm that it is that easy to set up a company and to sell most stuff in the US.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X